Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sight/Vision issues - damn Im getting old!! >

Sight/Vision issues - damn Im getting old!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sight/Vision issues - damn Im getting old!!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Andy....

One more thing....

My "bet" is it's your red pin that you're having trouble with. I know it was, with me....and I'm pretty sure it was with Rob. I ordered more fibre and went green/yellow/green/yellow/green.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awww MAN!! Jeff and LF, love you guys!!! You dont know how good you just made my day!! Jeff, PM sent bud. Thanks soooooo much, hopefully it will at the very least, help some. The funny thing is all the people I shoot around several times a week, some younger, some older, some the same age, no one has ever said anything about blurry pins etc, so I just kept my mouth shut and dealt with it. Yesterday shooting at 50 yard targets I was really struggling to line the pin up and it honestly was a little bit depressing. But now Im dancin around the office : )
Old 08-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Andy....

One more thing....

My "bet" is it's your red pin that you're having trouble with. I know it was, with me....and I'm pretty sure it was with Rob. I ordered more fibre and went green/yellow/green/yellow/green.

LOL bingo, red and orange were really killin me!!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea shooting, and trying to read damn medicine bottles. I have even developed a slight tremor from concussions (wrecks racing) that makes it real interesting at times trying to float the pin on target.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Site Buck Guru

Dude, join the club!!

It happened to me at 43 also. Then, at 47, it got worse. Since then it has leveled off and stayed the same. Anything out to 2 feet and I need readers, other wise, I don't need prescription glasses. I have never had a problem sighting my pins........... yet! Might have something to do with me preferring to focus on the target and blur the pin. It is impossible to have both in focus at the same time. The only time I focus on the pin and blur the target is when I feel a bit panicky, which don't happen too often. Thank goodness it never happens on deer!

Good luck.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm only 37 and I am seeing it a little
Old 08-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

My pins are always blurry when I shoot lol.. Because the way I learned to shoot you look at the target, and let the pins be blurry due to the depth perception
Old 08-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Andy,

The Peep and lens that Jeff is sending you will help you. I turned Jeff onto it after I started using mine for the same reasons as you. Now I have a contact for just my right eye.

I have the Super Peep with the verifier lens in 3 of my bows. Now it's adding weight to the string and you'll slow your bow a few fps but it won't change anything.

It will clear your pins and slightly, slightly blurr the target but NOT to the extent that you won't be able to shoot. I used the lens hunting last year without issue.

The only place I had issue is in some indoor with bad lighting.

And get rid of the red fibers. I use green, yellow, green, yellow, green.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Add another to failing sight crew.

But my shooting is still good so far. My right eye is definitely weaker than my left. Started noticing it a few months back. Close, both are fine, at distance my right is just a tad fuzzy.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 44 is when I started seeing some problems with my vision, Take care of yourself because it don't get no better buddy.
Hopefully GMMAT has you taken care of.
Hope you have a great season Andy.