Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage BHs

Old 09-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dstubb
No i meant what i said. physicists are not mind readers, but physics are. Here come the GMATT sirens, are you going to write me a forum ticket?
Do you mean Psychics?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

I tried the 3 blade last year. Only took one deer and made a bad shot, so I haven't made my mind up about them. I pulled the shot and spine shot a small buck in the neck. Deer dropped right there but was still alive. Had to get out of my stand to make a follow up shot. I put the follow up shot from about 10 yds or so up through the sternum and the arrow went up through the spine and was sticking out about 6 inches. Pretty good pentration if you ask me, but what really got my attention was the blood loss on the follow up shot. It was like a frickin hose coming out and deer was bled out in about 10 seconds. Hopefully I will have a better idea how they perform after a properly placed shot this year.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

I dont think there is any excuse for bad customer service, no matter how well a company is doing.

I also think the posts blasting the guy for not liking the broadhead are uncalled for, he was commenting on the customer service not the broadhead itself. People are entitled their opinions
Old 09-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Spike

I've shot at least 6 or 8 deer with the two blades, I have had one not pass through because I hit the far shoulder. All deer were down within 80 yards. I love everything about them besides the price but you get what you pay for I guess. Although a few of the rages that weren't bent or too banged up shot more then one deer. It doesn't always happen but if you get lucky you can reuse them.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Spike

My only complaint about the Rage broadhead was that the blades would not stay closed an i felt that i had to constantly check them before shooting. I tried to spin the washer around to see if that would work and know improvement. i did shoot a deer with one and it was a pass through but the broad ending up losing a blade (i guess for ground impact). I am going to try a fixed broadhead this year. the slicktrick 100grain. Any insight on these?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im gonna say you nailed it G..

Originally Posted by GMMAT
I think you mean "Physicists".....and I'm pretty sure the issues with the rage BH can be narrowed down to 2 things:

1. User error/ignorance
or
2. Improper setup/setup incapable of producing enough energy (see, also, no. 1)
Old 09-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow.. So any problems Rage users may incounter is attributable to ignorance. Seems a bit harsh but heck I don't use them and if you like them live it up and if you don't look at one of the other 50 brands of BH's you could buy that would work just fine..
Old 09-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

To call another human being ignorant because they had a bad experience with a broadhead is ridiculous. The fact that some people would rather call someone stupid than concede there may be some issues with an inanimate object, like a broadhead, says something about their character.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
I think you mean "Physicists".....and I'm pretty sure the issues with the rage BH can be narrowed down to 2 things:

1. User error/ignorance
or
2. Improper setup/setup incapable of producing enough energy (see, also, no. 1)
X2!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow.. So any problems Rage users may incounter is attributable to ignorance.
You guys are reading too much into my statement. Ignorance isn't a dirty word. I'm ignorant RE: brain surgery.....and many other things. That's not derogatory. It's a fact.

I never called anyone "Ignorant".

My statement cited user error (i.e. shot placement for the equipment utilized) and ignorance (i.e. as to the proper tuning REQUIRED to push a head of this magnitude). An arrow that is not OPTIMALLY tuned to the bow (marriage between the two) is SEVERELY at a disadvantage when pushing such a large head. I was IGNORANT as to this fact. I thought "if it flies like my field points....I'm good". The problem was...although my FP's were hitting where my pin was....the arrow wasn't flying true. BAD......

So dont read anything into my statement......other than exactly what I said.

It's true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.