Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Sight, Choosing Between 3 >

New Sight, Choosing Between 3

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Sight, Choosing Between 3

Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 AM
Spike

Default New Sight, Choosing Between 3

Hello to all would highly regard some of your thoughts. I am heading West in a a month for speed goats and would like to outfit my bow with a new sight since I do not want to be guessing with my 3 pin. I have narrowed my choices down to 3 after reading every sight thread on every forum I could find.

1. Viper Predator Microtune

2. Sword Apek 3rd Plane/Twilight Hunter (seem kinda similar)

3. Spot Hogg Hogg-It

It would be great if you guys could help me knock the 3 around so I could come up with a choice a little easier. Any help/input would be appreciated!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are three great sights you are looking at. I have two of the three. I have the Viper which is an awesome sight, can't go wrong there. I also recently aquired a Spot Hogg Hogg It wrapped version. Let me tell you this much I love my Viper but this Spot Hogg is amazing. You cannot find a more adjustable sight out there. You can fine tune each pin with precision adjustments you can't do on other sights. I was going to buy another Viper until I messed around with the Spot Hogg, a little pricier but worth it in my opinion.

Shane

Last edited by sr77; 08-28-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Spot Hogg makes the best sights out there in my opinion. The Hunter Hogg-It is the ultimate hunting sight. Their customer service is top notch as well in the rare event you have problems. My vote goes to Spot Hogg.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've owned both Viper and Spot Hogg sights and while this may be of little help you can't go wrong with either. They are both top of the line sights. It's like choosing between a Lambo and a Ferarri. Sword makes great sights too, but I have never owned one.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the Viper... My buddy has one.. pretty nice site.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Armortech HD is a fine sight as well.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spott Hogg.. well constructed.. durable.. and that one is micro adjustable.. cant beat it..
Old 08-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

I'll give another vote to the Hunter Hogg-It. I dont have any experience with the other two you mentioned, but I love my Hogg. I am fairly certain that you wouldn't find anything to be upset about if you bought one. Maybe the price, but I didn't even mind that after I got it and messed around with it.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got the Hogg-it Hunter and it is extrememly well-made, rugged and bright!
High Quality!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a spot hogg sight last year. I think the one selling point to me was how tough they are, a lot more metal less plastic. They are also just as bright, with the wrap, and just as adjustable of comparable sights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.