HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Checked my trail cams! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/301838-checked-my-trail-cams.html)

drockw 08-27-2009 12:35 PM

Checked my trail cams!

Well, I checked one of the cameras today after it only being out one week.

265 pics total with about 40-50 being coons.

No good bucks, but there were at least 4 different bucks, and possibly a 5th but he was too hard to confirm if he was the same or not. No biggie on the deer size as this is one of about 10 locations that we hunt.

Here is the coooolest part! So last year, we put out quite a few salt licks. I actually killed one doe off of a fresh salt lick that we had put out.

Anyways, so going back this season and checking everything, we found that the deer had went NUTS for the salt. Ive never seen anything like this, and if i doubt if i told anyone, they would truly be able to imagine the size of the hole they dug.

Out off all the licks, this wasnt even the biggest, but it goes to show you how bad the want it! In all of the locations the holes were at least 2 feet deep in the deepest part, and about 6-8ft wide.

THis pic is of a pretty big doe (can tell in other pics) that shows you just how deep and large the hole is!!!

Here is a pic of the larger buck we have. I will not be buck hunting from this spot, but I plan on putting some does down for sure!!!

Nothing special really out of all of the pics, but boy am i excited:barmy: Im really hopeful on what the next week of pics for another location will bring. We are down to one camera(technical difficulties:bash:) so we cant be watching multiple spots. Just figured id share a little bit of my excitement with you guys!

Derek

DowningAir 08-27-2009 12:49 PM

That first picture is hillarious! Looks like my dog in one of his holes. Good luck with'em this season!

drockw 08-27-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by DowningAir (Post 3421961)
That first picture is hillarious! Looks like my dog in one of his holes. Good luck with'em this season!

Im tellin ya, its HILARIOUS to see all of the pics. There are a few where the bucks are in there and you cant even see antlers(not that any of them are very big, 6 and 8's but small).

I was floored when i first came up to the holes at every location. At first, I thought it was possibly a sink hole lol, but then realized that the very bottom had deer tracks in them:s5:

drockw 08-27-2009 01:07 PM

BTW, there was no digging done when the salt was put out last summer. Just dumped it out on the ground. It was all just flat before this...

Heres another good one that i found when looking back through them.

BigDaddy12t 08-27-2009 02:21 PM

That is really wild!

SouthLAHunt 08-27-2009 04:30 PM

Sounds like yall need to kill some coons :)

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-27-2009 04:44 PM

Very neat. How many years have you been putting a salt/mineral block in the same spot?

drockw 08-27-2009 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer (Post 3422171)
Very neat. How many years have you been putting a salt/mineral block in the same spot?

We put salt out there last summer! A little over 1 year.

Always been a good doe spot though:guiness: My father killed a 136 there about 6 yrs ago, but that was the last really decent buck weve seen from that area.

There are only 3 coons that we got on camera, just many pictures of the same ones it seemed like.

Derek

sr77 08-27-2009 07:21 PM

That is crazy. Pic is hilarious.

Shane

appleater25 08-27-2009 07:22 PM

haha...that's pretty funny!