Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Muzzy Phantoms????? >

Muzzy Phantoms?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Phantoms?????

Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzy Phantoms?????

Has anyone shot and used the muzzy phantoms. Im wanting to try them this year because my roomate has them and loves them and im switching broadheads due to pricy repairs.. Let me know your feedback.

Thanks,
Colten
Old 08-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont care for them at all. I had some and threw them away after I shot at a deer with them and missed, the miss was my fault. the broadhead basically shattered as soon as it hit the ground. There were no stones at all just hard ground.....worst broad head I have ever shot. They fly great and the bleeder blades are more than sharp enough, bad design though.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Weird post WI, rip on them, then say they fly great and are super sharp.

I shot them for a couple years, and they are good head, the new MX phantoms are a smaller version of the originals, but same overall design. They are awesome on lower KE setups with that big COC blade leading the way. I was always surprised how well they flew for such a large head. Definetely worth a look.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ohh dont get me wrong, they have their good points, such as good flight and are sharp but the design sucks.The blades to me are just weak in design. I dont know if id trust them hitting bone..

Last edited by wis_bow_huntr; 08-27-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used them for a couple of years now. I have found them to be very durable. The pass throughs that bury in the ground are just resharpened and reused, no damage at all. I have one that I use for practice and it has pounded the targets many times and, while fairly dull now, still maintains its shape. I have no flight problems, they hit with FP's at 50 yds. Excellent BH. I am using a different BH this year but that has nothing to do with any dissatisfaction with the Phantoms and they will likely get used, or at least be in the quiver, this year too.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

While obvious that Fred Eichler is on Muzzy's pro staff, he could by that reason shoot ANY head that Muzzy produces... yet, he completed his Ultimate Slam with trad gear using the Phantom -- including polar bear, grizzlys and brown bear. You're putting a lot of confidence in your broadhead when you pursue those animals...