Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Give us your best bowhunting tip!! >

Give us your best bowhunting tip!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Give us your best bowhunting tip!!

Old 08-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

I always spray the soles of my boots with coon urin before walking to my stand. I have down this the past three years and deer have walked across down and along the same trail I walked in on and never been alerted.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you ever had a coon follow your trail and try and come up the tree with you from doing that. I have a couple of times. I does mask the scent well though.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Spike

always make sure that both sections of your climber are attached with some sort of rope or 550 cord. Also, make sure you tie your pull-up rope to your climber as well. don't want to get all settled into your stand and find that you forgot to tie your rope to your stand. I've done it....it sucks.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Concentrate on your form and the shot not the animal. Pick that spot and hit them right where you wanted to. You'll have plenty of time for excitement if you make that shot first.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

everyone has hit the main points...so i guess ill just say that when hunting it cold weather try to breath out your nose more, or into your jacket, face mask..whatever.. because deer will see that and realize tree's dont breath.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

When it gets cold,bring extra socks.The main reason feet get cold is because your feet will sweat going to the stand.Change them when you get settled in and have warm comfy feet the whole sit.This will keep you on stand longer and better your odds.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

thats a good dang tip!
if only i didnt have so many layers. its too cold here lol
Old 08-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

My tip would be "keep it simple"

The best keep secret is, there are no secrets but that don't sell product, mag's, video's, ect. Its a numbers and odds game, those that use commonsense succeed.