Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Give us your best bowhunting tip!! >

Give us your best bowhunting tip!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Give us your best bowhunting tip!!

Old 08-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

Never leave your stand before legal quiting time in the evening.
I know a few who leave there stand 15 or so minutes early because they have a long walk out, don't do it, alot can happen in the bling of an eye but it won't matter if your not there.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

double distance practice,

If you can put 6 out of 6 arrows in the vitals of a target at 50yds you should never ever ever miss at 25yds
Old 08-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jag-mag
Never leave your stand before legal quiting time in the evening.
I know a few who leave there stand 15 or so minutes early because they have a long walk out, don't do it, alot can happen in the bling of an eye but it won't matter if your not there.
Thats for sure!!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

When laying down a drag line of hot doe pee I like to use qtips spread out every 20 yards or so instead of a drag line. The intermitent scent trail cause the buck to concentrate on tracking the "doe" IMO. Plus, I just find it hard to believe a doe can pee non stop for a mile or more.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to walk in backwards. That way if a deer crosses my trail he will think I left.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do your best to pattern the deer and not let them pattern you. I try my best to rotate stands and not hunt the same one two days in a row. I spray my tree stand down when Im done hunting to help cut human odor from staying in the area after Im gone. I also spray down really well before I get to my stand and before I leave my stand including the bottoms of my boots to try and leave as little odor as possible on the trip in and out. Always remember its almost impossible to kill a deer if he knows your hunting him.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Spike

If you set up on a deer trail, always set up in a bend or 90 degree turn in the trail. The deer will be more focused on which direction he needs to get going to rather than whats around him as he will on a straight stretch. Also, never set up over a food source directly. That's when a deer is most alertive of his surroundings, always set up between the food source and the bedding area.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by passthru79
Do your best to pattern the deer and not let them pattern you. I try my best to rotate stands and not hunt the same one two days in a row. I spray my tree stand down when Im done hunting to help cut human odor from staying in the area after Im gone. I also spray down really well before I get to my stand and before I leave my stand including the bottoms of my boots to try and leave as little odor as possible on the trip in and out. Always remember its almost impossible to kill a deer if he knows your hunting him.
Was waiting for sum one to have a good scent control tip
Originally Posted by concordmountaineer
If you set up on a deer trail, always set up in a bend or 90 degree turn in the trail. The deer will be more focused on which direction he needs to get going to rather than whats around him as he will on a straight stretch. Also, never set up over a food source directly. That's when a deer is most alertive of his surroundings, always set up between the food source and the bedding area.
Great point!!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by magicman54494
I like to walk in backwards. That way if a deer crosses my trail he will think I left.
That a man of genius right there. Lol
Old 08-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

when hunting the rut be MOBILE. If you see a good buck dogging a doe and watch them go around a point in a field, wait till they are out of sight then beat your bottom over to that point. Odds are they will come back through or a trailer will come along within an hour or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.