Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Do you let this buck walk this year? >

Do you let this buck walk this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you let this buck walk this year?

Old 08-28-2009, 06:23 AM
Spike

IMHO...you gotta do what you feel is right....its a hard decision to make that call seeing him on camera....when your on stand and he comes walking in that to me is the best time to say yes or no...if your heart speeds up and you get short of breath..kill him!...if not....enjoy just seeing him...either way great looking deer!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't think twice if he walked under my stand! That'd be a great deer in my area!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

As much as I love commenting on these types of posts I don't agree with them. What deer you harvest is a very personal decision and no one else should make your mind up for you. No one should ever judge another hunter by what he decides to kill only the ethics and morals he uses while doing so. Personally my goals are higher for numerous reasons, I'm blessed to live in Iowa and have lots of big deer in the area. Every year I've bowhunted I've seen a deer that would gross atleast 140-150 from stand. Havn't killed one every year, but see them. So I wait for mr. big. But I've never looked down upon a hunter who shoots the small ones even if he hunts ground neighboring what I hunt. To each his own.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

Hell no man. That would be a great deer to shoot with a bow.