Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone else running behind this year? >

Anyone else running behind this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone else running behind this year?

Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

A bit, yeah. We bought our first house in February, and most of this summer when I would normally be planting, hanging stands, glassing, etc, I was working on the house. I'm pretty much ready to go still, but I would have liked to been ALL done by this point. Oh well. Such is life.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Tim, congrats on the house. As far as being prepared for hunting I have about 6 more stands to hang and than I should be good. Still have to wash all my clothes. I've been shooting just about every night. My cameras have shown a few legal buck but nothing to be sleepless over!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by twildasin
Just recently moved into a new house have tons to do including getting ready for hunting! I did not put any cam's out this year still did not move a stand I need to move nor have I went and inspected all my stands. It will all get done...guess better late than never but just wandering if anyone else is my shoes? I have a new Captain that if I do not get shooting I will be useing my General this year again not that there is anything wrong with that but damn just not enough time in the day,week,month or year!
I plan on getting my stands done next weekend hopefully Saturday. At this time hang a cam or two and get Mr. Captain shot in! Gosh I am usually primed and can't wait till season but this year I find myself not overly excited. Just bogged down with crap to do! Well this did me good to vent a little bit now I think its time for bed!!
Im in the same boat. I bought a new house, remodled it and just finished moving in. I started back in May. I shot a bow once since last Dec.. I shoot trad bows, ones I make myself. I just finished one, before May, and wanted to have it tuned by hunting season. (a bamboo backed, ipe, osage trilam R-D longbow). I shot it once and didnt get a chance to tune it. Heck, bearly got the string made. Im going to really have to get the gitty up going. Our season opens at the end of next month. Ive got my good old, tried and true recurve setting waiting incase I dont get my latest bow tuned. But yea, Im behind compared to other years. As far as set up, havent even been to my land. Well once, and that was to bitch at some brain dead fence builders. I have stands set, but might have to do lots of stalking this year.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Yah man, in the same BOAT bands been stupidly busy playin shows all over, and no time to be had, and i cant even afford a new string
so I just want season to start.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

I'm way behind too! I need to get the bow out and start shooting again and start scoping the woods...
Old 08-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm behind on everything this year it seems...
Old 08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have been crazy busy this summer. Just shot my new Admiral yesterday, and I am still waiting on my new rest and sight for it.

Will probably put some cams out this weekend and see what happens.

Wayne
Old 08-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm literally so far behind that I havent even touched my stands that I hung LAST year and never got to hunt.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JoshKeller
I'm literally so far behind that I havent even touched my stands that I hung LAST year and never got to hunt.

I hear ya Josh!
I also have 2 stands that are still hanging...and I never hunted either of them last year either!!!
That is pathetic! I gotta go check em and make sure they are ok.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Spike

Behind? Well I am no where near as advanced as many archers on the forums. But I did get some scouting done. Both turkey and deer on the 100+ acre parcel I can hunt this year. And got my stand hung today, in the calm of a storm front that hit early, slacked off and returned after dark.
I scout when I can but get in trouble with wife for 4 hours leaven her with the 5 kids. All summer I was Mr Mom all day alone. She has patience for maybe an hour on a good day. LOL not knocking her. Since she brings home the paycheck since I got hurt couple years ago.
But this year I DID get some scouting done pre-season so far. And I have confidence I stands a good chance of putting meat in the freezer before gun season. Not boasting, just have confident in my favor this year. :P

Last edited by talonfoe; 08-26-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.