Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Thermacell works???? worthwhile??? >

Thermacell works???? worthwhile???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thermacell works???? worthwhile???

Old 08-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Spike

Default Thermacell works???? worthwhile???

Any opinions out there? thinking of getting one for early season hunting. starts in a few weeks here in WI.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

works great. They make a dirt-scented pad, as well---great for cover scent.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

In the early season here in Nj we can be out there in mid September... The skeeters are really bad and the Thermacell keeps them away from me. Takes about 10 minutes from the time I light it until they are gone.
DW
Old 08-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

but, do you still see deer with it on?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Does the dirt scent pad also repel insects?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

I do not have experience with the dirt scented pads but I do know the regular ones work great and yes I have seen deer as well as shot deer with it running. Would not leave home without one for any outdoor activity including hunting.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I asked this question last year. and didnt get one negative reponse about it. ran out and got one. glad i did too.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:52 PM
bigcountry

All, I know is I hunt blackwater swamp in MD. Its the nastiest swamp north of a Lousiana Bayou. Two years ago, I littlerly thought my buddy needed to go the hospital. His whole head was swelled up, and arms. I bet he had 500 bites on him. He didn't see on sika because of all the arm flinging he did fighting off the bugs. I used pure deet and it ate the face of my ironman watch. And I even got ate up. My other buddy did't have one bite and had a thermalcell. From now on, I don't go into that swamp in October without one.

I won't use one in your regular hardwoods hunting, but if its a choice between being miserable and scenting deer. I will take scenting deer anyday. We hunt for fun.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
All, I know is I hunt blackwater swamp in MD. Its the nastiest swamp north of a Lousiana Bayou. Two years ago, I littlerly thought my buddy needed to go the hospital. His whole head was swelled up, and arms. I bet he had 500 bites on him. He didn't see on sika because of all the arm flinging he did fighting off the bugs. I used pure deet and it ate the face of my ironman watch. And I even got ate up. My other buddy did't have one bite and had a thermalcell. From now on, I don't go into that swamp in October without one.

I won't use one in your regular hardwoods hunting, but if its a choice between being miserable and scenting deer. I will take scenting deer anyday. We hunt for fun.

Ever heard of the Great Dismal Swamp???

Mine is strapped to my climber, don't hunt without it and yes, I kill deer with it on...
Old 08-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Spike

Smile awesome it work!

110% it works

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.