Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Quiver Question for those that shoot Mech. Broadheads >

Quiver Question for those that shoot Mech. Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quiver Question for those that shoot Mech. Broadheads

Old 08-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Spike

Default Quiver Question for those that shoot Mech. Broadheads

Last year I switched over to the 2 blade "Rage". Absolutly love them. The problem I'm having with them is they open when put in the quiver. I currently have a "Quicky quiver" . I was looking at quivers the other day and to the best of my knowledge the only quiver that's designed for mechanical broad heads is the Octane with the magnetic hood. Has anyone came up with their own modifications that work? I would rather spend $120.00 on something rather than a quiver.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Spike

Two years ago I bought the rage 2 blades and had the same thing happen to me. Except I shot at a deer and had the blades open in the air and luckily I missed instead of injuring the deer. So I didn't want to spend the money on a high priced quiver either so every time I went into the woods I checked the blades once I was in my tree. It was rather annoying so I switched to the Grim Reaper Mechanicals.

You are just going to have to check everytime you get into the woods or make a switch. The grim reapers are nice and they are spring loaded so you don't have to worry about them coming loose.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

The quiver that came with my Parker has two places for the arrow to snap in and it open in the top, without any styrofoam or anything else. There's inside the cover to cause broadheads to open.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lately I have gotten away from quivers completely, but I have used the Alpine Soft Loc quivers with Grim Reapers with great success.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot Rage 2's and bought a Bohning Lynx 6 arrow quiver for $35 . It holds the arrow shaft in two places . No problem .
The quiver on my Parker Phoenix does the same thing but I don't like it as the quiver is screwed on at two different places .
Old 08-25-2009, 03:15 AM
Fork Horn

I open up the foam in my quiver using a dremel sanding drum. I stick the point of my Wasp jakhammers into the foam, but the side of the broadhead have very little contact.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Octane quivers with the magnet head are a perfect solution as well.

On some others, I cut the foam out, like Bowtech quivers, they also hold the arrow in two places.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Bohning Lynx 4 arrow quiver. There are two sets of grips for the arrow shaft and there is no foam in the hood. The hood is rubberized inside to keep things quiet and it is nice and solid. I have no problems using it with Rage broadheads and they are pretty inexpensive.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just cut grooves out with a razor blade, and now it fits fine.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Quickie Quiver - it holds the arrow shaft in 2 places, and nothing touches the broadhead. Still have to check them when you get up in the tree, though!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.