Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
bowstrings,change how often >

bowstrings,change how often

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowstrings,change how often

Old 08-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default bowstrings,change how often

i have a bowtech tribute, the string dont look to bad, but do you guys change strings religously at like 2 yr intervals or ,do you go by the looks of the string..thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

2yrs is a typical rule of thumb for most folks, however with today's quality string materials...you can get more time out of them if they are not used a ton. Keeping in mind, some strings may only have 500-1000 shots on them in two years....some may have 20,000 or more - so obviously you have to decide where you are. Better safe than sorry for sure if there is any doubt.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I change my out at least every year. It is always to be on the safe side. A guy at league last week had his buss cable break at full draw, not pretty and by the looks of the limbs, it is not going to be a cheap fix either. The sad part is, it could have been avoided.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot alot... 3d, indoor leagues, and practice... I generally do every year to year and a half... at the longest
Old 08-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the info, and yea i realize it would depend a lot on how much you shoot, i really havent shot that much as far as 3d's etc, just practice in my back yard... but i think i will have it changed now...any suggestions on bowstrings, ?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at M&R strings, a very good string and a great price....www.mrbowstring.com
Old 08-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I change mine every 2 years... every year i do put string wax on it though... helps it out alot
Old 08-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Winner's Choice.... no doubt.

I've used lots of different bowstrings, and installed just about every brand and internet maker around..... and there are two kinds of strings.... WC's and everything else.

Barracuda's are pretty decent for Mathews bows.... although I often replace the lower cable serving outright. My servings are generally better than theirs (sad but true). Winner's Choice has a no serving separation guarentee.... and they are the ONLY strings that I'll keep on a bow of mine for two years. Everything else gets switched out every April 19th (my birthday, during the slow time of year....easy date to remember).
Old 08-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like the every 2 year rule of thumb depending on how much you shoot and how well you take care of your strings. I would hope everyone here is waxing their strings to keep them from drying out and in good shape?
Old 08-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I change mine every year. dont just change ur string, change the cables and all. The string over time will stretch, no matter what the brand. When it stretchs u lose speed and the performance of the bow will go down. I change mine every year and always will

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.