Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
think deer don't drop >

think deer don't drop

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

think deer don't drop

Old 08-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I held a pointer where the arrow hit then backed up the video. Looks dead center to me.
I used to do a lot of videoing years ago. We have some great slow mo shots of just how far a deer can drop. The cure is to aim low. If they don't move you are still going to make a good shot.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fingerz42
Hell who said deer don't drop? Its just nerves, they are dropping their weight and springing off their legs to get the hell out or there as fast as they can..

First off I would say that deers body language was nervous as any I've seen.. You could see he was tense and ready to bolt at any second.. Not surprised on the outcome there.. I wonder how far he was shooting from...
I 100% agree with everything you say fingerz!! Hell, I've saw them drop twice that much before. Like you said, that deer was damn nervous!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Am I sensing some sarcasm there? lol
Old 08-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by magicman54494
I held a pointer where the arrow hit then backed up the video. Looks dead center to me.
I used to do a lot of videoing years ago. We have some great slow mo shots of just how far a deer can drop. The cure is to aim low. If they don't move you are still going to make a good shot.
Magic, I put my cursor where I would aim and he hit about 2" higher than that. He was still dead on for a quick kill had the deer not dropped so tremendously. He was pretty much a 12 ring but I would have put about 2" lower. Even still, it would have either sprined him OR the hit above the spine. Any way we slice it, the deer sure as hell reacted and LIVED.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I made a comment about the bow being out of tune and it got deleted.I was even nice about it.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by TFOX
I made a comment about the bow being out of tune and it got deleted.I was even nice about it.
T, I don't see where anything was deleted. ?

I quoted your first post on the out of tune bow. IT's on the first page that I see. Are you sure?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
T, I don't see where anything was deleted. ?

I quoted your first post on the out of tune bow. IT's on the first page that I see. Are you sure?
I made the comment on youtube.The person that put up the video deleted it.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

I made the comment on youtube.The person that put up the video deleted it.
LOL, OH. I thought you meant here. LMAO.

Sensitive type he is huh? Try to help a guy out.
Probably a Mathews shooter. I keed I keed.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ACTUALLY,he does.Direct from him.

No, I am shooting a Mathews and my wife shoots a Renegade. Both are very quiet, but when the camera is 18" from it they both sound like canons going off

Last edited by TFOX; 08-23-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

We can all learn from videos like this.This deer seems to be exibiting signs of nervousness(how he is eating) even though he hasn't been stopped or rattled in.

Shot from ground level would dictate a lower shot than from a stand.That point of aim would probably be a dead deer from a stand but from a blind,he lived.

I agree with you, he seemed nervous from the get go. Amazingly quick reflexes, with a deer showing that kind of behavior he should have aimed in very bottom third of chest. Funny story....... I had a buddy once a few years back (non hunter) claim he could react to the sound of a bow like a deer and atleast start moving before the arrow hit the target after watchin a video like this. So I took him outside and put him about 20 yds to the right of the target behind a group of tree trunks and told him as soon as he heard the shot to drop down. It was hilarious watching him throw himself to the ground time after time reacting to the sound of the arrow hitting the target and not the bow. Wild animals and there abilities amaze me.

Shane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.