Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
think deer don't drop >

think deer don't drop

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

think deer don't drop

Old 08-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
Use the pause button,looks like a center 10 to me.But not sure how calm he is around the feeder,he acts a little nervous TO ME.
True. He still aint comin in strutin from a rattle in or nothing like that and still has that blast of reaction.

im not saying he didnt drop or arguing the whole arrow speed thing either. To me it just seems that the camera angle is slightly higher than where the arrow was shot out so at first view to me it seems that the arrow starts out lower. Just a difference in perception probably. Still amazing...
Old 08-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by drockw
True. He still aint comin in strutin from a rattle in or nothing like that and still has that blast of reaction.

im not saying he didnt drop or arguing the whole arrow speed thing either. To me it just seems that the camera angle is slightly higher than where the arrow was shot out so at first view to me it seems that the arrow starts out lower. Just a difference in perception probably. Still amazing...

We can all learn from videos like this.This deer seems to be exibiting signs of nervousness(how he is eating) even though he hasn't been stopped or rattled in.

Shot from ground level would dictate a lower shot than from a stand.That point of aim would probably be a dead deer from a stand but from a blind,he lived.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
We can all learn from videos like this.This deer seems to be exibiting signs of nervousness(how he is eating) even though he hasn't been stopped or rattled in.

Shot from ground level would dictate a lower shot than from a stand.That point of aim would probably be a dead deer from a stand but from a blind,he lived.
Definately! That should be a sticky of where to not hit a deer height wise. Left and right would have been ok, but another inch higher, and he might have spined him, another inch or 2 lower and lungs. Thats just a bad spot and angle. Pretty much just a flesh wound...
Old 08-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool video. He definitely looks nervous about the free food. Guess he was right!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

The buck was clearly on edge. Just body language and tail posture says so. It's so far between his legs, it's tickling his " boys ".

Probably should have let him get a little farther away from the bait, errrrrrrrrrr, I mean feeder.

relax fellas.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The hit was above the spine - thru the backstraps.
Very likely lived.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Amazing animal-although it is possible the deer was a little skittish around the feeder. I agree it looked to me that shot was 10 ring for sure until he dropped. I cant remember what video number it is(maybe 5 or 6) in the primos' truth series they show alot of deer jumping the string. They put a red line on the deers back and then slowmo the shot. amazing how much they can drop even at 20yds.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Something not right with that video. At regular speed, I can step frame by frame, but cannot see the frame where the deer drops, but see the frame just before, and after the hit. Both frames, the deer is upright. In slow motion, I can step through and see the deer drop, but the next frame after it drops; the deer is already out of the picture. In other words, the regular and slow motion don’t appear to match up?

Angle of the shot is poor, distance is unknown, and speed of the arrow is unknown. I think this video is exaggerated and altered to make a deer drop look more, well, exaggerated.

No disagreement deer drop. They do. But the speed of sound is 1,125fps, or less as the temperature dropps. So a bow shooting 250fps means at 20 yards the time between the sound reaching the deer and the arrow hitting the deer is .2 seconds, or 200 milliseconds. Your eyes blink at 300-400 milliseconds. I’m just saying.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BUCKMARK
I guess that is true. Never shot out of a blind before. I think my bow is loud, asked the wife to stand behind my once and she didn't hear a thing.

Exactly what I was gonna say.. I thought my my bow was a little loud but when I let my brother shoot it a couple times and stood back a little, I realized its not at all.

Cool video, that really is amazing how much he dropped on a short distance shot.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hell who said deer dont drop? Its just nerves, they are dropping their weight and springing off their legs to get the hell out or there as fast as they can..

First off I would say that deers body language was nervous as any I've seen.. You could see he was tense and ready to bolt at any second.. Not surprised on the outcome there.. I wonder how far he was shooting from...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.