Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
wemen or hunting? >

wemen or hunting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wemen or hunting?

Old 08-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

▲ you said it
Old 08-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Spike

How about this one guys?

Sweetie, I've got to train the dogs from September thru February to run the Iditarod. I'll be gone everyday at least 12 hours a day, probably more. How about you make sure after you get home from working your measly 8 hours that you make sure there's dinner on the table, the clothes are washed, the kids are in bed and the dog walked by the time I get home?
Old 08-28-2009, 04:59 AM
Dominant Buck

KNOW YOUR PLACE, Wolfwoman!

(tongue planted FIRMLY in cheek)
Old 08-28-2009, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

No agreement here my free time I am in the woods!! Thats when I have free time my wife is in college and we got 3 little ones! So I usually get 3 days a week but I do not complain could be worse! Priorities first then play! When she is done college and kids are older then I will hunt everyday!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by GMMAT
KNOW YOUR PLACE, Wolfwoman!

(tongue planted FIRMLY in cheek)

Oh yeah??
Old 08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by HuntingBry
I told my wife when we were getting married the following:

"I love you and I'm committing to be with you for the rest of my life. My other love is hunting and I will spend time doing that as well. If you ever make me choose between you and hunting I will quit hunting because of the commitment we are making in front of family and God. You just have to realize though that you will be stuck with one miserable SOB for the rest of your life."

Pretty much since then we have our squabbles, but she knows it's better than the alternative.

Great post

Guys .... if you will listen to the Preacher, you will be happy YEAR ROUND ..... take her to dinner a minimum 2 times per month ... EVEN during deer season .... do what SHE likes to do in the summer ... learn to love the things that she loves ... to the best of your ability, and you will have as much hunting time as you need ... oh and let her have her fun things to do .. most of the time it will not be during hunting season, so resist the temptation to rag her about not being with you
Old 08-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do like I do.... just tell her she'll need the time when you're out hunting to cook you a good dinner cuz you'll be hungry when you get home!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Wolfwoman7
How about we flip this? And even tho I am NOT one of those wives (I hunt too), I can understand the 'other' wives.

Here's the wife speaking to you:

Honey, I work 40+ hours a week just like you do and then I come home and cook and clean and such on the weekends. Come (whatever) season, you have to do all those things on your own and take care of the kids and pets because I won't be here most of the time. I'll catch up with you when (whatever) season is over.
Flip it however you want. I already do everything myself, so its a mute point. The bottom line is you choose to live life like you want, it can be as easy or as complicated as you want it to be and if you dont like it the way it is change it. Im not saying being married is a bad thing, thats just not how i choose to live.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

I think the big differance is-When I go bowhunting,I go to my cabin (which is 4 hours north) obviously I`m not coming back for 4-7 days which in her line of work she just can`t do (I`m a self-employed contractor-do what I want,when I want) She has a great job,makes a ton of money,went to collage for 5 years and what`not,so that should`nt change,and in this stage of our relationship (having been together for 2 1\2 years) she`s still working out the "controling" issues. BUT us guys need to be us guys!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:22 PM
JSH
Spike

Some of you guy's should definitely be single.You need to be fair especially if your wife works also and if you have children.
I hunt plenty but my wife and daughter get plenty of my time as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.