Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
wemen or hunting? >

wemen or hunting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wemen or hunting?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:49 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

Most women just want to bitch about something.

the above is suppossed to be funny, ok laugh now

Disclaimer: Do not try this at home!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

I guess im kind of lucky because my girlfriend devotes alot of weekends in the summer to me because i race. And when hunting season rolls around she will jump in a combine and help out so i can go hunt. She said she'd rather me be hunting than out doing something stupid. Ive even turned her into a hunter now and she loves to go with me. Not much else i could ask for. And to tell ya the truth id rather see her shoot a deer than myself.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Kicking her to the curb is not going to be an option,I`m going to hunt and she will iether choose to be supportive or choose to make a big deal out of it.I`ve been single for 36 years now and I`ll be darned if someone is going to tell me when to hunt.I think maybe she`s just trying to be a little controling.
Last year she actually hunted with me for about 7 hours IN THE COLD RAIN! She wanted to see just what it was all about,I was proud of her,she did pretty good.(she moves too much though,swatting misquitos and turning her head)
Old 08-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JESUS loves archers

I think maybe she`s just trying to be a little controlling.

Do you think?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

You gotta make her happy, but you also must stay happy. When one or the other starts holding grudges, bad things happen. You may need to spend way more than normal time with her through the rest of the year and hunt what you can during hunting season. Me personally, I try to hunt when I get a chance during the season, and cut down the the number of trips to the fishing hole and golf course during the spring and summer. Hope all works out.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

When I think about it,maybe i can be a little controling too in my own way....I love to golf so I baught her pink golf clubs and a pink bag,(it`s painfull having to watch her shank her way around the course though) I love to hunt so I baught her a bow (now she just likes to shoot,no interest in killing)
Oh well,1 outa 2 aint bad ,at least i get to golf more
Old 08-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

I have been married for 7 years now going on 8 I have 2 kids a 6 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. I make time to spend with them durning hunting season , but the wife pretty much knows that she is a single mother from Sept 15 th until Jan 31st. She has never really got on me about it due to the fact that is really the only thing I really like to do. Other then Hunt I am at home durning the off season. So she is looking forward to the season as much as I am.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

If I want to hunt, I tell mine she's picking up the kids that afternoon. If I want to hunt on a weekend, I walk out the door and go. It helps that I hunt around the house, but it wouldn't be different if I hunted somewhere else.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

You got to set things straight from the start.
Hunting season=you won't see me very much. Non-negotiable.
And on the flip side of fairness, leading into and just after the seasons, make time for her, be a little nicer & take her out a little extra & it all works out.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Just work it out with here and next year, spend more time with her in the offseason to build up the pts before deer season gets here. I told my girlfriend, you know I hunt and will take advantage of every opportunity I can. And told her she can make this easier on herself and hunt with me if she would like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.