Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sick of this

Old 08-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sick of this

my bow is inacurate that about sums up my delima i can never group my shots the bow seems so heavy that i can hardly shoot it for more than dozen shots i just recently had it tuned and got a new sight and string for it but i just cant seem to get it were i want it im about to get a new updated bow and forget this old browning any thing that i might be missing
Old 08-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bow is going to shoot exactly the same every single time. I have watched some world class shooters (and I mean that.... world class) shoot some equipment where the arrow just looks like its flying like a bottle rocket with no stick. Fish tailing and kicking... but a good shooter is someone who is extremely repeatable.... and since the bow is doing the same thing everytime and so is the shooter..... they shoot into one hole all weekend long.

To sum up.... maybe its you..... not the bow.... but I will say that confidence in your equipment has a lot to do with your state of mind.... and that has a huge effect on your results. So if you have no faith in your equipment... maybe you should start all over.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

Did your bow once shoot well and something changed?
Is one shot good and others bad?

Post the specifics of everything in your setup and we'll see if at least from a gear stand point....your squared away.

There can be so many things that go into why your shooting bad. Bow, form, anchor point, arrows..bad or wrong spine, maybe your pulling too much weight, etc..

This even extends beyond you or your bow. It could be the pro shop that you went to. I have seen some of THE most horrendous work done by people in pro shops that it's just pathetic.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

VERY well said Swampcollie!! No confidence equals poor shooting. A fresh start is probably in order.

I had a High Calibur that I just couldn't shoot. I put it in the hands of a wizard and even though nothing on the bow was set up right for him he could group. It just wasn't the right tool for me. Sorta humiliating to have someone pick up your bow and shoot it like it was theirs.

They say a good pool shooter can use any stick and I think the same goes for our game.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Spike

Yeah i agree with SWAMPCOLLIE it might be you. Even though i am new to shooting a bow i researched how i am supposed to stand, loosening my arm, placement memory (as in where u place your string on your face), and when releasing let it be a surprise. Its worked for me but believe when i dont concentrate 100% on all those things my groupings are way off. Maybe you have picked up a bad habit when u shoot that you dont notice b/c u have been doing it for so long. I suggest starting from scratch and if that dosnt work maybe there is something wrong with the bow. Maybe let somebody else that is similar to your size shoot it.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Spike

If possible get a video clip of you shooting your bow and post it either on here or youtube for everyone to see. It's hard to tell if your equipment is set up wrong just by a picture or you telling about it.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mossberghunter93
my bow is inacurate that about sums up my delima i can never group my shots the bow seems so heavy that i can hardly shoot it for more than dozen shots i just recently had it tuned and got a new sight and string for it but i just cant seem to get it were i want it im about to get a new updated bow and forget this old browning any thing that i might be missing
Dont try to shoot a dozen arrow in a row. Your causing yourself fatigue. shoot a group of three then relax and shoot another group of three.
You could also be pulling to much weight. can you sit in a chair with your legs at a 90 degree angle and pull your bow without any problem? If ya cant you might be trying to pull to much weight. That would be a start without knowing the specifics about your setup and form.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Crank it down... problems should go away.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Depends who set up your bow. Not all bow shops know their stuff, and second of all the correct spine is essential.
Without examining the bow and your form, it's just a wild guess!
Old 08-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ill try too get a vid up soon but im gonna get after it again today and hope that a new day will give me a different feeling cause i was maybe wheni was shooting it and wasnt zoned in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.