Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
string containing peep sight in the way. >

string containing peep sight in the way.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

string containing peep sight in the way.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:26 AM
Spike

Default string containing peep sight in the way.

I recently bought a parker blackhawk xp for hunting. (Great bow) Anyway, the guy who set the bow up installed a peep (the kind without the rubber tubing) and it works fine. HOWEVER, this peep sight divides the bow string into 3 sections to contain the peep.

Here is my dilema, the bow is all set up for this year and i really dont have the time to have a newe peep installed and start from scratch getting it tuned in. When i shot at my archery range in the sun, the glare hits one of the string and i have a lot of difficulty seeing the target. THe parker uses a black and brown bow string so i am going to try and blacken out the brown string which i think is causing the sun glare.

Outside of getting a new peep installed, does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, I don't know to many people using this style of peep anymore partially because of the problem you describe. I would look into something like a G5 Meta peep. As long as you have a good quality string, and it is tied in correctly you should have a perfectly clear sight picture at full draw. Hope this helps.

Shane
Old 08-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by sr77
Honestly, I don't know to many people using this style of peep anymore partially because of the problem you describe. I would look into something like a G5 Meta peep. As long as you have a good quality string, and it is tied in correctly you should have a perfectly clear sight picture at full draw. Hope this helps.

Shane
Agreed, I think/feel those peeps suck!

Like Shane mentioned, get a Tru Peep or G5 Meta and do away with your existing peep. On a good quality string it'll align every time.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gross, I don't use a peep sight anymore, but if I did I would suck it up and get a new peep put in place. I would not want to work hard throughout the hunting season only have to have my little old peep sight causing me grief/performance loss. Swap the peep out, it will probably cost you $15 total.

Brett
Old 08-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Agreed, I think/feel those peeps suck!

Like Shane mentioned, get a Tru Peep or G5 Meta and do away with your existing peep. On a good quality string it'll align every time.
Agreed, however, I'm SET IN MY ways, and that's why all but one of my peeps are TUBED, and the one I have that isn't tubed is going to be early next week.

To the OP, if you don't have GOOD STRINGS, just get a TUBED peep, and once you get GOOD NEW STRINGS, try the G5 or Tru-Peep. Also, get SILICON tubing if available, rather than the rubber stuff, it's more durable, I usually get a full season out of it, and that's shooting probably 5,000 shots a year minimum!!!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Have to agree with the majority here-ditch that peep. You will be kicking yourself when that peep screws up your shot oppurtunity!! I have a G5 peep and love it. Opens up perfect every time. Besides, switching a peep will only mean adjusting sight pins-no other tuning as you implied.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one of those peeps installed with my new sight. Didn't use a peep prior to that. So far I have had no problems with it and I am getting nice groups. But I am having a new string and cable put on sometime next week. So I might try a different one.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:13 AM
Spike

Thanks a lot for the information. i will check the proshop near me and see how long a wait there is to get the bow worked on.