Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Does the loop on your string effect draw length? >

Does the loop on your string effect draw length?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does the loop on your string effect draw length?

Old 08-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by treestandsnyper
Yeah...like I said my anchor point changes from each style. You can always adjust the length of the loop to help maintain your normal anchor point.

Not if there isn't one on the string.

Well, I just want to know what the heck TFOX is jamming to in those videos?

I need you too sweet heart.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
I am saying you use BOTH,the loop and the bows draw length to achieve optimum draw length and anchors to achieve optimum draw length for the venue you are going to shoot.The fact that the loop is even on the bow requires a shorter setting on the bow,that clearly means the loop affected draw length.Come on,it really is that simple.

Some shooters may not see the need to change draw lengths but MANY do.

When I shot a short loop,it(the bow) was too short unless I increased the bows draw length.I was able to achieve all my anchors and proper body positions at that point.
Why can't you just make a longer loop instead of changing the draw length? Isn't that easier than changing the draw length? Like I said when you change the draw length that isn't the only thing you are changing. You have to change the angle of your head or body positioning when you do. It is impossible not to.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jbowersox
Why can't you just make a longer loop instead of changing the draw length? Isn't that easier than changing the draw length? Like I said when you change the draw length that isn't the only thing you are changing. You have to change the angle of your head or body positioning when you do. It is impossible not to.

You can and I have done both.I prefer 1 over the other but you may not.But when the loop is installed on the bow your release hand goes back.Something must be adjusted to bring the release hand back forward so to maintain proper elbow alignment.This is done with the draw length of the bow.

Have fun
Old 08-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

All right I'm going to go ahead and give up on this argument. I'll be ok with you guys adjusting your draw length, your anchor, your peep height, your loop length and so on if you guys will be ok with me just adjusting my loop length. Sound like a good deal? Beverages are on me when you all are done fiddling with every aspect of your bow. See you then!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is pretty simple. If you draw your bow back to the same anchor point, the bow will be drawn a bit shorter with a loop. A loop does effect the draw length of the bow.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

All right I'm going to go ahead and give up on this argument. I'll be ok with you guys adjusting your draw length, your anchor, your peep height, your loop length and so on if you guys will be ok with me just adjusting my loop length. Sound like a good deal? Beverages are on me when you all are done fiddling with every aspect of your bow. See you then!

I never have said not to adjust the loop,I agree with this practice and do it myself to get anchors right or to get elbow position correct..I have agreed with this from the beginning.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
I never have said not to adjust the loop,I agree with this practice and do it myself to get anchors right or to get elbow position correct..I have agreed with this from the beginning.
You are right, you never did say not to adjust the loop. I'm just saying that is the only thing I have to adjust because my draw length is spot on in the first place. Listen TFOX, no hard feelings, but we aren't going to come to an agreement on this. I'm ok with it at this point if you are.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

You are right, you never did say not to adjust the loop. I'm just saying that is the only thing I have to adjust because my draw length is spot on in the first place. Listen TFOX, no hard feelings, but we aren't going to come to an agreement on this. I'm ok with it at this point if you are.

My only problem I have is telling people that have never shot a bow or never shot with a loop that the loop will not affect the draw length of the bow.If they install a loop,there will have to be an adjustment to the bow,unless the bow was on the short side for them anyway.

So,I will continue to correct this for those people when they ask the question.Too many people end up overdrawn because of this advice.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Should have posted this earlier.He is one of the best.

Here's what Bob Ragsdale has to say about string loops:

"Eliminates arrow-falloff at full draw.
- Makes nocking point location less critical.
- No need to re-nock after a let-down.
- No serving wear from release aid contact.
- Assures easy one-handloading
- Releases can remain attached and ready to go.
- Eliminates gaps in serving from up pressure on nocking point.
- Controls peep sight rotation.
- Eliminates nock warping due to pinch at full draw.
- Allows release aids to be at an angle rather than only level.
- Makes shorter length bows easier to work with.
- Extends maximum available sight range area.
- Prevents arrow from sliding down the string during the shot.
- Prevents release aid rope slap with high cheek anchor.
- Improves shoulder alignment.
- Loop length can modify draw length of bow.
- Eliminates chin slap from inward swinging release aid ropes.
- Can be used with all non-rope release aids.
- Reduces string vibration noise."
Old 08-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

- Loop length can modify draw length of bow.
So if you change from a 1/2" D-loop to a 2" D-loop on a 28" DL bow (Hoyt)....what's the DL on that bow, now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.