Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What's the best Climbing Treestand??? >

What's the best Climbing Treestand???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the best Climbing Treestand???

Old 08-19-2009, 08:10 AM

Default What's the best Climbing Treestand???

I am in the market for a Climber and just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the best one to get is???
Old 08-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by worm567952
I am in the market for a Climber and just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the best one to get is???
Thats like asking whats the best bow.

It all boils down to what your ass is comfortable in within your budget. All we can do is make recommendations. That being said, checkout Lonewolf and summit.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I happen to be very happy after retuning my lone wolf to buy the Summit Open Shot!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit....
Old 08-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Edcyclopedia
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I happen to be very happy after retuning my lone wolf to buy the Summit Open Shot!!!
Sorry to hijack, but what didn't you like about the LW? Have you had the Summit in the field yet? How is the quick draw connect system for ease and noise?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Spike

love the summit viper, haven't ever used the lonewolf but i don't know if i could like one anybetter than the viper
Old 08-20-2009, 07:34 AM

I've used several brand of climbers over the years, and I would choose the Lone Wolf over any other I've personally tried. Great stands. High dollar, but worth the extra money IMO.

If you're looking for maximum versatility, you might want to consider a lightweight hang-on with a set of steps as well? You can get up "less than straight" trees better with such a setup.

I bought the LW Alpha and sticks for just such reasons. There have been times I skipped a good looking spot because I couldn't find a "climbable" tree. With the hang-on+sticks, that's less of an issue.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Spike

Summit Viper!! Lightweight, COMFORTABLE, easy to use, stable
Old 08-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MGH_PA
Sorry to hijack, but what didn't you like about the LW? Have you had the Summit in the field yet? How is the quick draw connect system for ease and noise?
I never got past 5 feet before the latches holding the belt "unpopped"! A little bark rash to the face - OUCH! I even tried tying the latches closed and it was marginal. So I was damned to pay top dollar and not feel safe, so I returned it.

Maybe it was a rare lemon, maybe it was operator error??? All I know is when when Adrea' invites me to hunt some of those magnificent WI bucks and shows me how to use his stand, then I might consider buying one again.

I do think the Summit is the most comfortable stand and staying put without fidgeting is a major plus when in the woods for hours on end.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a Summit and been very happy with it. I'm always looking for new ways to quiet it down, but it is not overly loud. I'm just anal. It can't be beat for comfort.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.