Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Check this brute out >

Check this brute out

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Check this brute out

Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolute stud, best of luck getting him this fall.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

My LORD thats a biggin
Old 08-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

like kickin said your best bet to catching a deer like that is to get him on his way back. Looks at all the clues. like said its 4 am so hes probably headed to bed. so which way is the cam facing. is he approaching it from left or right? this would give you a general travel direction and an idea where the bedding area could be.
since those pics where taken at 4 am i would guess that it aint to far from the cam itself. be careful
Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt the rut, hunt the mid-day, he may be wise enough to know that the mid-day is when most hunters are at home or at work rather than in stands. If you could locate his "bed" on property you could hunt, you could put on a morning stalk on a WET morning. Glass a lot, move a little, keep the wind in your face!!!

That's an absolute STUD of a buck, and he didnt' get that big being STUPID!!! That's for damned sure!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Spike

Yes that is a STUD. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. The wind is one of your biggest factors. A deer of that caliber is at least 5 1/2 years old and knows all. Best of luck
Old 08-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

Great lookin buck!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the advice and I know he is still alive because I saw him the other night about 10 p.m. I am going to try to put a camera where he was headed and keep following him with it. I dont know if this changes anything but there were scrapes all aroudn the tree that I get pictures on.