Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot 4 nice bows today!!! My reviews! >

Shot 4 nice bows today!!! My reviews!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot 4 nice bows today!!! My reviews!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Shot 4 nice bows today!!! My reviews!

First off, I'm not a fanboy of any brand so this is an honest review IMO of course. So I went to the shop today to look for my new bow. I hunt religiously but havent bowhunted in like 8 years and the bow I used last was a PSE Baby G Force so all these4 bows felt like a dream but I liked some better than others. 1) Mathews Monster. It was bare except an STS. I was surprised after hearing other reviews on this one It qas the 350fgps version. I thought it was smooth and there was virtually no vibration. The pull was nice for 65lbs. Gradual buildup with a small hump and nice wall. Not the quietest but not too loud either. I liked this bow. 2) Drenalin. What can I say? Absolutly loved this bow! The pull was silky smooth, no vib at all. Very quiet and felt great in hand. My favorite so far. 3) Reezen. I thought it had some vib but nothing like I've heard in reviews on the net. Was the loudest
Old 08-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

CONTINUED... of all the bows I shot today and was kinda top-heavy but I could easily handle this bow. It had a harsher draw than the monster IMO but it was maxed a 73lbs with the Monster at 65. Had a good solid wall but the hump is a little rough and near the end of the draw. It was bare and was also missing the harmonic stabilizer in the bottom. I think that and an STS would smooth it out alot and a good stabilizer would help the balance and make this a great bow. 4) Bowtech Admiral. Another smooth and quiet bow. Nice smooth draw at 70lbs. It was bare also and was quietest only to the drenalin and smoothest only to the drenalin IMO. Was still my second favorite in a close, very close run with the Monster. I ranked them by my opinion in this order: 1) Drenalin-smoothest quietest and pretty fast to be so dang smooth! 2)Monster-had an STS and it really helps it alot. It was so much nicer than expected. Not as smooth or quiet as
Old 08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

the Admiral but really smooth for a speed bow. I could hunt with this bow no probs. 3) Admiral-smooth and quiet. A VERY NICE BOW but it just doesnt have quite the speed to sell me, as good as the 2 above shoot and are faster. Still love this one though. 4) Reezen-like the speed but more vib and noise and harsher draw than any above. I will try it again with an STS before I make my final choice. I also want to shoot a few more Bowtechs like the Captain and 101st but did'nt have time today. Im stuck on the Drenalin right now and the Monster is kinda calling me too. I would like any comments or advice from anyone to helpp me out. Personal experience? Thanks guys!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

All good bows. Really it just comes down to personal preference. When you get into this price range they are all going to be pretty close in performance.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Spike

i loved the monster but i want a bow that would be dependable and the monster is definately not it.

never shot a drenalin but everybody that has one loves them.

admiral gets my vote.
alphamax 32 gets my vote. you need to shoot this bow too.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Of the bows you shot I would get the Monster. Reason being is that I have a Drenalin and would want to upgrade the speed. I tried the same Monster (6" brace) as you and pretty much agree with what you said. Not as smooth or quiet as the Drenalin, but 30 fps faster. You have to give something up if you want the speed.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Spike

I can only speak for all the new Mathews cause I haven't shot the others you mentioned. The Monster was the one for me. One pin to 35 yards. And I am not talking about setting it at 35 yards and it is shooting high at 15 yards. It is the same at either. I can also shoot pretty dang consistent out to 60 yds and I haven't had it but for 2 weeks now.

Shoot them all and pick the one that fits you the best.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Spike

You have to try the Hoyt Alphamax. Very smooth, quiet and fast.
Awesome bow.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by AfterLife
i loved the monster but i want a bow that would be dependable and the monster is definately not it.

never shot a drenalin but everybody that has one loves them.

admiral gets my vote.
alphamax 32 gets my vote. you need to shoot this bow too.
Not Dependable? hmm....thats interesting

Great reveiws, I did the same thing you did at the first of the year and i wound up with a Monster....good luck in picking oyur bow.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

why is the monster not dependable?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.