Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot 4 nice bows today!!! My reviews! >

Shot 4 nice bows today!!! My reviews!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot 4 nice bows today!!! My reviews!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
why is the monster not dependable?????

top heavy.. for such an expensive bow, it sure does make quite a noise and you can feel the shock on your hand.

the bad part it, the early releases of the monsters have cams with shallow groves and the strings/cables would snap out when released.

go on AT and search for mathews monster
Old 08-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by soulless
top heavy.. for such an expensive bow, it sure does make quite a noise and you can feel the shock on your hand.

the bad part it, the early releases of the monsters have cams with shallow groves and the strings/cables would snap out when released.

Sorry buddy, I have sold close to 100 Monsters this year and if the bow is loud and has alot of vibration...then somebody does not know how to set up a bow.

The only time I have seen a monster derail have been two instances...

1. The string stop is putting a good amount of tension to the string, when it there should be space bwtween them, and the string pops off the top cam.

2. Some one draws one back with fingers and torques the hell outta it cause the string to come to rest off of the cam.

Both of the instances I have seen happen to many other different brands of bows...not just the monster.

THe only thing that i will agree with is that the monster is a little top heavy, which I fact i like because I think it helps follow through the shot better.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

[QUOTE=HuntingBry;3411540]Of the bows you shot I would get the Monster. Reason being is that I have a Drenalin and would want to upgrade the speed. I tried the same Monster (6" brace) as you and pretty much agree with what you said. Not as smooth or quiet as the Drenalin, but 30 fps faster. You have to give something up if you want the speed.[/QU Like I said, the Monster really surprised me! I heard so much about it being unforgiving and it had a smooth draw and good hold and was dead in hand with the STS. Iloved the feel of that dren but I could easily handle that Monster even being out of the game for years. Its presented a hard choice between the two. I am still looking for a shop that carries Hoyt to try them too. I think the reezen is out, it's the draw thats kills it. I think I will trry the reezen again though with the STS just to make sure because I do like the size of it. Its just so top heavy. Thanks for the replies guys. Any info on accessories or any advice is welcomed.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
why is the monster not dependable?????

Old 08-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

I have checked out AT and other forums for reviews but everything I reaed about the Monster was very different once I shot it. With the STS it had no noticable handshock or vibs. So I started paying less attention for forum reviews and started going out for more hands-on experience.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Anthony T.
I have checked out AT and other forums for reviews but everything I reaed about the Monster was very different once I shot it. With the STS it had no noticable handshock or vibs. So I started paying less attention for forum reviews and started going out for more hands-on experience.
Definately go with your feel vs what you read. The only real way to know which bow you like best

Did the Reezen you shot have the new bottom harmonic dampner thingy in it??? The first time i shot one I as well thought it was horrible that a bow of that caliber have soo much vibe and shock (even tho hand shock means squat in shootabilty). I then shot one with the new dampner and it was night and day difference.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Thats the thing about the Reezen. It didnt even have a dampner in the bottom at all! Someone had stole it. Thats why im going to try it out again. Im going to have them install an STS on it also. I think that would smooth it out. If I could get it to shoot as smooth as that Drenalin it would be sweet. It is a rough drawing bow though. I think I could get used to the draw though.