Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Whisker biscuit or fall away rest?? >

Whisker biscuit or fall away rest??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker biscuit or fall away rest??

Old 08-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Spike

wb with all my heart its the bomb
Old 08-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks guys, i shot both recently and liked the WB better. just seeing if there was any drawbacks to them but it sounds like the WB have it...and yes they are around 40 bucks now...
Old 08-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Spike

I had a drop away and when I tried a whisker I never looked back
WIll always use a whisker biscuit
Old 08-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Spike

I shoot target with the same bow that i hunt with. just makes sense to me. i had a bisket and switched over to the QAD and my average went up. so i stuck with the drop away rest.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

I've had both. I started with a cheap dropaway on my first bow. I then switched to the WB. I hunted with it for a couple of years. Last month I had trouble with my bow. It wouldn't hold a group. I took it to my local pro shop. They said my whisker was bent. I couldn't tell from looking at it. I had them put a QAD ultra rest on it. I am back to touching shafts at 20 yards again.[ something I was never able to do consistently with my whisker biscut.] They are both good choices for different reasons. I plan to stay with the fall aways. I just think they are more accurate. WB are good for their simplicity and quietness. Though a good fall away can be just as quiet. It is all according to what you like. By the way the QAD Ultra Rest seels for around 50 - 60 bucks around here. NOt 100
Old 08-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Bartender

NAP Smartrest dropaway rest for me I like that it does not bounce back up after it falls.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:16 AM
Typical Buck

I love a whisker biscuit for keeping my arrow in the rest no matter how I turn my bow but for shooting accurately and consistently I love my G5 expert II. I have the G5 on my bow for hunting and target, it's quieter and doesn't reduce my arrow speed.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Accuracy-fps-quietness,if these are going to play a role in the descision,it`s no contest.
"Drop zone" drop away for me
Old 08-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a drop away fan. I shoot a drop zone, but there are many great drop aways on the market. Just Sunday someone was talking about how they like their WB, but he said that it eats fletchings up. I don't know if that's prevalent with the WB, but I'd rather not find out first hand.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:00 AM

I had a WB and switched to a QAD Ultra Pro HD this summer and I am shooting more accuratly now that I switched. Both are good rests, just depends on what you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.