Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
new 200+ nontypical on trail cam >

new 200+ nontypical on trail cam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new 200+ nontypical on trail cam

Old 08-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how you guys can accurately even begin to put a score on this guy without some other angles and closer pics. That said, looking at him, I'd be shocked if he broke 180 gross.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that is one very nice buck, I hate to disappoint you but I too say it goes around 170. Give him another year and maybe he'll make 200. Some closer pics of him after he peels the velvet, and maybe he would score differently.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

nice deer, id say 180-190.. nice deer man.. and for ppl who think how wide he is has anything to do wit scoring your wrong.. it has everything to do wit mass and MB and length.. i love how ppl think the deer will score much more cuz hes wide.. haha
Old 08-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Listen Young'n, the width to which I was referring to had not so much to do with score as it did have to do do with beam length. And the difference between a buck that is only 16" wide and has beams of 20 or 21" compared to a buck that is 20" wide with beams of 25" can be considerable. I'm probably the last guy you should laugh at when it comes to deer.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WIbuckchaser
I think that is one very nice buck, I hate to disappoint you but I too say it goes around 170. Give him another year and maybe he'll make 200. Some closer pics of him after he peels the velvet, and maybe he would score differently.
we can't give the deer another year, i can tell this one is around 7. his body is showing old fatigue.

after listening to everyone here and reviewing some of the side angle shots to add up lengths, i agree that 200+ is going to be high. but still after guessing lengths and all, i still put him at a bare minimum of 182. what it is that is putting him so high is 18 points plus all the brow tines will give us a lot of 10 to 12" mass measurements. i am going to put him between 182 and 195, if it gets killed i will repost with a little contest.

we are already loosing sleep on what our strategy will be for this specific deer.

thanks for everyones input, i will be the first to say when i am wrong on an initial score and i can't wait to see what an official score might be for this deer (crossing my fingers that he gets killed!).
Old 08-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Spike

160's . . remember not as heavy when velvet sheds
Old 08-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

not quite 200" but that is one hoss of a deer. hes a freak
Old 08-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

I DONT CARE WHAT HE WILL SCORE HE IS A MONSTER FOR SURE HE WILL BE UP ON THE WALL ANYWAY
Old 08-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by James Vee
Listen Young'n, the width to which I was referring to had not so much to do with score as it did have to do do with beam length. And the difference between a buck that is only 16" wide and has beams of 20 or 21" compared to a buck that is 20" wide with beams of 25" can be considerable. I'm probably the last guy you should laugh at when it comes to deer.
lol i was talkin bout mossberg93 when he said, and i quote "
he is huge but 200" i doubt it look how he barely passes his ears." Sorry i didnt mean to get you all bent outa shape.. lol.. have a good one..

Last edited by TheYoungOne; 08-16-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

All's I know, is that I would drop the string on him!