Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Biggest purchase made for upcoming hunting season. >

Biggest purchase made for upcoming hunting season.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Biggest purchase made for upcoming hunting season.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by BPBowhunter
Ben I understand your food plot comment. My food plot will be my biggest expense this year. It truely is a labor of love though.

Same here.

Well actually my biggest will be my Pronghorn hunt even though I'm assuming we're talking whitetail. The food plot then is second followed by the Air Raid.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

My biggest expense is definitely my lease payment. After that, it would have to be setting up many different bows in the off season because I am always trying something new.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned

New Strother SR-71 on order, bought a tree saddle, and a new camera.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

I wanted to get my daugher--who is 12--started hunting this year, but she still can't pull back the compound I got her, so I decided to buy a Parker Tornado crossbow today at Cabela's. It's pretty impressive, and I can't wait to take my daughter out for the early hunt. She's been going out with me the last couple years, and I'm excited to see her--hopefully--get her first deer.

Maybe next year, she can handle the compound.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

New bow for my wife...Mission Menace with all the fixings. We were going to wait until next season, but I opted for selling some other things off...one of my Orvis fly-fishing rigs, XBOX 360, some other fishing stuff and my old Remington 870 express (which I hope to replace come Christmas time!)...had a little left over to get some more gear for her as well...clothing, boots and whatnot. It will all be worth it to have her out there with me!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Typical Buck

parts for jet boat 3-400 for couple impellors, $400+ for ss sleeve in impellor housing. ( thinking about $500 for mapping gps.for jet boat )
fuel for truck 2000 miles plus ????$ 800-1000 for 15-20 day caribou hunt plus $40-60 /day (usually figure 15 gal / day)for boat gas when running river caribou hunting. will hunt moose on way home for 7-10 days
Old 08-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by boilermaker85
I got a broken humerous! Pic is my avatar after i paid for my bear hunting trip! Lol but no bow this year the 7mm will have to do.
How on earth did you manage that??? Car wreck??? Sorry to hear about that one!

SHane: Thanks for the heads up, ill be going there tomorrow to see what they have in stock!

Derek
Old 08-14-2009, 02:08 AM
Typical Buck

I would have to say the cost in getting 4 acres of food plots put in. Then or course it would be all my non-resident hunting licenses..that isn't so cheap.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Typical Buck

I'm taking my wife to Orlando the week before opening bow. I take her on a get-a-way weekened every year right before the season starts for 2 reasons. Well 2 that I can print.
1. It's close to our anniversary. (married almost 22 years)
2. It's right before hunting season. Good way to ease the hunting trips.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got a new Muddy hang on treestand and climbing sticks. Technically that is a birthday present so I don't know if it counts as money spent, but I'm cutting back this year with a new baby girl in the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.