Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone ever been chased off their own land? >

Anyone ever been chased off their own land?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone ever been chased off their own land?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

How close is this setup to the line?
Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Spike

i only have the pleasure of hunting on public land (yippee) but i always bring my maps with me from the DCR or other wildlife agency, just so i can show the person that i didn't know and or i wasn't trespassing on purpose. it's happened to me twice. the second time the guy was surprised to learn that his property line was 150 yards over the public land. you never can tell unless it's posted. so i would def start posting along your lines.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well at least he didn't take your cam so he can't be a complete slouch. Maybe it's an honest mistake that can be resolved by two ethical hunters.

Maybe he has permission on an adjacent property and just doesn't know the lines. Maybe he will turn out to be an ally in protecting your woods without being in them.

He could be a great guy who just needs a little guidance and lord knows us dealers of death need as many on our team as possible.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:03 AM
Spike

On our land in Missouri, we put up wooden posts painted purple on our line about every 30-40 yards this past spring. Hopefully it works but we have had problems like this as well.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious... How much land do you own???

Sounds like to me that you prob just own a small piece and someone just mistakened your property lines
Old 08-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Spike

got same problems... idiot ppl from the city leased land next to ours and think the owned the land my dad an uncle own and tried kicking me off. and they help there selves to our road along side our crop feilds to get to the river... and also on another chunk of our land i have pics of a moron driving his 4 wheeler down the middle of my food plot. just got a call from my dad today bout 2 months after the pics. and he found where the guy lives.. hes gunna get visited by the cuz, whos a cop..