Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone ever been chased off their own land? >

Anyone ever been chased off their own land?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone ever been chased off their own land?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone ever been chased off their own land?

I have some land that I've owned and has been in my family since the early 1900's. I went to check my trail cam the other day and found a note on it. The note said they would apprciate if I got my camera and stand out of there because I don't have permission and I would ruin the hunting for everyone else. Wat do you all think of that?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess you should be happy they didn't steal or damage the cam. I would make sure you post your land off limits and maybe leave them a note also...
Old 08-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was hoping my camera would have a picture of the persons face but it only ahd their and a pic of them walking away. No face shots.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'd be wanting a face to face meeting
Old 08-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would probally spaz out.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wonder if you dont have a close friend thats playing jokes on you. Either way, if its not, whoever is on your land is tresspassing and can be arrested on site. If you can find out who it is, get yourself an updated platbook and show them the property lines as you walk them. Id move your cam to a different spot near by and see if you can get a better pic. Dont take anyone in with you though. It seems these people knew the cam was there. Who did you have with you when you put the stand up and the cam?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know most of the people in the area that hunt and what I seen of him on the camera, which was the back of his head, I did not recognize him. I'm thinking about moving the camera but no way am I moving that stand. It is in one of my best spots.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:38 AM
Spike

i would definitely post signs around the property lines with your name and number on it, especially on the tree your camera was on. I am sure the person is going to come back to that spot to check on how you reacted to his note. I would not take the matter to the authorities yet, but if i got a negative response I would be calling them sooner than later!!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Place the camera high on a tree at an angle pointing down..you might get a pic this way
Old 08-13-2009, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

No but I've had a confrontation with a horseback rider.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.