Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone ever been chased off their own land? >

Anyone ever been chased off their own land?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone ever been chased off their own land?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
I know most of the people in the area that hunt and what I seen of him on the camera, which was the back of his head, I did not recognize him. I'm thinking about moving the camera but no way am I moving that stand. It is in one of my best spots.
How good is it going to be if others are scenting up the area?

I know one thing, I would post the perimeter tree to tree! And find out who left the note but I suspect you will.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Spike

i would mark off the property line and leave a note on your cam and tree stand with your phone number. hope you have the locking kit on your cam. make sure you get a plot book too so you know 100% that its your property.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Spike

wow. I can't beleieve the gall of some people. I would post the land right now. I would also put up a second concealed camerea to watch as the next time he comes back he may be nasty. I have had stands taken from my own land that is posted and I have on occasion put cameras up to see if I can catch them. I would prosecute in a heartbeat. It is people like that that give us all a bad name.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he is mistaken about the permission he has. I would leave a note on the camera (in the same spot) stating that you are the property owner and that he must be mistaked as to where he has permission. I would also leave my name and phone number inviting him to call to discuss it further so there are no misunderstandings in the future. I would also post the property so he now knows where the lines are.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would simply place a note back on the camera saying something along the lines of.....

I believe you are istaken this is my own private property. I would appreciate a call at ***-**** so we can get the matter resolved. I kindly ask you to remove yourself from this area. I do have pictures of you from the note that you left me before and if anything happens to my stuff, I will take it to the law.

Thank you and happy hunting just not on MY LAND!!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Unless you have standing fences based on official surveys, it is pretty easy for people to confuse boundary lines whether they be the land owner or leasor or someone on an adjacent tract. My dad once had a member of the family that owned an adjoining piece of ground try to run him off his own lease. The guy whose land surrounds mine once put a POSTED sign on a tree that was about ten feet on my property and he still has a stand that is sitting about 5 feet onto my property. Boundaries are so poorly marked in some creek bottoms that even people who have owned the ground for 50 years can only guess within about 50 yards or so in terms of where the actual boundary line is. Sometimes the people who think that others are trespassing turn out to be the trespasser.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

I havent had the note but have been confronted by people that said that I was on their land and was not aloud to hunt there and told that they would be contacting the authorities. I simply stated that I would be more than happy to wait for the authorities to show up and we would straighten out the misunderstanding. after a short wait when the authorities showed up the person trying to push his way onto my families land was set straight and asked to leave or action will be taken. It's wierd what people will do to try to keep people from having a good experience hunting.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 AM
Typical Buck

i think I would come up with a pretty interesting note to leave them! LOL

rick
Old 08-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

i have had this happen before mostly with people who knew they were trespessing and after confronting them it did no good.

also people by us in Michigan buy a 10 acre parcel and think that this gives them access to the entire 1/4 mile. mostly city slickers who have no idea what they are doing.

so it could be someone who has purchased land and thinks he owns more than what he does.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Post That Property

Post your property. Get a survey map and do it right. Once posted, you will have the land boundries defined. Try to contact this guy and show him he is wrong. If he persists to be a problem, next time you find the person trespassing, call the game warden and make an example out of him. Others will then stay clear of your property.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.