Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
fall away rest help >

fall away rest help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fall away rest help

Old 08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
You cant go wrong with a limb driver. Super easy to set up and it works flawlessly, one of the best rest made IMO.

Yep! my statements come from setting up and shooting many different dropaways. The Limb Driver has been the most consistent of any of them.

I have a TriVan here I am currently putting through the paces and while I like the idea I won't be changing my personal rests anytime soon.

Dan
Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Limb Driver.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

I think I will look into trying the limbdriver then. More to follow. As always thanks for the input!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:16 PM

I have the qad rest on my bow and like it very much. This is the first dropaway that I have ever had, and it hasnt given me one problem.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jemrami9
Thats what I was after, I thought the ripcord had that feature as well. Now I ask, have you or anyone else heard or had any problems with the QAD not falling away upon release?? ie get stuck in the up position and stay that way through the shot?
I was having a problem with my QAD, my arrows were coming out wobbling all over and the fletching was wrinkled, then we found that the clamp was sliding up the string. We put serving above the clamp to keep it from sliding up. Now it seems to be droping fine and good arrow flight.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Spike

Love my QAD, never had a problem or timing issue. Guess I followed the directions and installed it properly.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Just had a Limbdriver put on my Iceman. Works out really nice. I replaced an Octane Pro rest that I did not like.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Spike

Tropht Takee Extreme FC

I hav eone of them on each of my bows and I really like them..very simple and easy to set up. Many people love the QAD's but I am not a huge fan of them...nearly every customer I have dealt with has had a prblem with them falling quick enough.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I personally feel the Spot Hogg Whammy is probably the best all around rest on the market.It has excellent containment with maximum support for the ultimate tunability with target accuracy/forgiveness.

Check it out.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...72-whammy.html

Here is the newest version laying flat on the floor holding the arrow in place.

Last edited by TFOX; 08-19-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

i havent used any other drop aways, so i cant compare it to any others, but i have a G5 expert drop away and am very happy with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.