Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Trip

Old 08-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Spike

Don't over look OHIO. There are plenty of deer here.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Will as for a cash limit its about 1500 maybe a tad bit more.... And its just me she not going this time. And the reason i pick NY or PA is like i said i have fam in NY Grandmother I would like to get up there before she passes on so i thought i would go hunt as well. Ohio I didnt think about that maybe i could try some public land there. Not to far for me to drive im in the SE corner of MI so i could try that too..... Plus the boss is not ready to let me go to Ill, MT, KS which is were i would like to go. She says that she would worry to much. So that where im am at this point.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

For ny I would recomend the lucky star ranch and for pa full fan lodge .
Old 08-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks fishinty ill check them out.............
Old 08-13-2009, 04:02 AM
Spike

Yeah Kansas is a pretty dangerous place.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted Pa my entire life and I would have to recommend NY. Not that Pa doesn't have any deer and not that some of the deer can't be monsters. I just think that in your situation NY seems to make more sense. First off, you can visit family which seems important to you (as it should be). Second, you can hunt Sundays in NY and in Pa you can't. If your taking a one time trip I'd want to maximize the days I could hunt.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Im leaning more towards NY bearklr. I think i found a place about 1/2hr from grandma. Im going to give them a call today.......
thanks
Old 08-13-2009, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

you are a good man. going to see grandma.

but with that budget i would say a trophy black bear would have my name on it in ontario.

tag a good one in NY i hope you get one.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make time for 2 trips. One for the family so ya'll can go see Grandma together and one trip for you so you can hunt where YOU want.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by clos21
Will as for a cash limit its about 1500 maybe a tad bit more.... And its just me she not going this time. And the reason i pick NY or PA is like i said i have fam in NY Grandmother I would like to get up there before she passes on so i thought i would go hunt as well. Ohio I didnt think about that maybe i could try some public land there. Not to far for me to drive im in the SE corner of MI so i could try that too..... Plus the boss is not ready to let me go to Ill, MT, KS which is were i would like to go. She says that she would worry to much. So that where im am at this point.
My friend, you could quite easily do a DIY back country camping elk hunt for that sort of money, I'm leaving in 3 weeks for exactly that!!!! I'd also say that IL and KS are probably safer than hunting in places like the Adirondacks or Upstate NY. Missouri is my pick if I'm going on an out of state deer hunt, but when I can go after elk, for a few coins more, that's where my money is going.

And if you're in the SE corner of MI and you've never snuck across the border, you're missing some fine opportunities within a couple hours driver of your home!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.