Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Trip

Old 08-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting Trip

Well my better half says that it ok if i plan a hunting trip for next year. I dont want to break the bank to go on one. So i was woundering if any Bow hunters here know of any places in NY or PA where i might find a good outfitter to go with. Any ideas
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

What do you want to hunt? and why have you picked NY and PA?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Deer and i picked NY and PA cuz i have family in NY Utica NY and if i can find a place in NY i could kill two birds with one stone and PA i really dont know just would be nice to hunt some place different
Old 08-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Definitely would not pick either of those states. NE has some nice hunting that can be done on a reasonable budget. Also the Dakotas would be a good place to look. Many western/midwestern states have got ridiculously high with just permit prices.

Good luck where ever you decide!!

Dan
Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Not really looking for a trophy buck in either state memories are just fine with me
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

Missouri
Kentucky
Wisconsin
Minnesota
New York
West Virginia
Virginia

I'm ok with hunting michigan a few more years, then i'm off to try Kentucky
Old 08-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Dont get me wrong I love hunting here in my home state of Michigan. Just would like to hunt in different states once in awhile.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lets see you have a free hunting trip from the Boss Wife and you want to hunt in PA or NY. Get a grip Son! You can do way better than dem 2 states by a country mile! Good Luck in your quest

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

what kind of budget are you on because that would help to get the best hunt for the money.

going to ontario bear hunting can be done at a modest price. along with many deer hunting ventures.

once you know what budget you have then the 'real' ideas can come from us.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like the wife is tagging along to visit family while he is out in the woods, probably why he has to stick to NY and PA. I understand it is nice to hunt a different area, try them out, have a blast and make some new memories.

Now on the other hand, if the wife hands you a blank check, well then you must upgrade where you make your new memories

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.