HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Strother Archery/ I have placed my order (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/300290-strother-archery-i-have-placed-my-order.html)

hardcorehunter 08-11-2009 07:57 PM

Strother Archery/ I have placed my order

Check out these numbers. Kevin has done it again; extreme speed, with a smooth draw. I have ordered a SR71. From the factory, Predator camo like we all like...no sending to the dip shop...and the reviews from Crackers and others that have shot these is ,"WOW"!! Here are some pics and data.

TFOX 08-11-2009 08:34 PM

I wish my shop would pick them up.They look really nice with some good technology in there.

blakefrautschi 08-11-2009 09:03 PM

looks like a nice bow good luck with it!

drockw 08-12-2009 12:31 AM

You are a hardcore Kevin follower hehe!

They look solid like the elites. Id like to shoot one.

Derek

cartman308 08-12-2009 02:46 AM

Good luck with Strother Archery. Kevin can design a bow......... that's all I'll say.

hardcorehunter 08-12-2009 03:47 AM

For those that have not been to the website:

The Strother Technology

Precision Limb Technology (PLT)

One of the toughest challenges when designing a new bow is dealing with current limb technology. Kevin Strother has thousands of hours working with limbs and knows the frustrations of dealing with quality, consistency and strength issues as they relate to the design process. No longer will these be issues. Using PLT, Kevin has developed a limb that will hold dimension and deflection tolerances much better, plus the new limbs will be coated with a special material that will structurally strengthen them making them the strongest limbs on the market. With the goal of building the highest quality bows on the market we feel the PLT technology has helped catapult us to that level.

Strother Cam

The new Strother cam is a two track, slaved, modular cam system that virtually eliminates limb twist and makes fine tuning the draw length extremely easy for our dealer and you the customer. This is the easiest cam on the market to tune, due to the cams working together, and it will NOT come out of tune unless there is physical damage to the strings or cables. This system allows for maximum tuning capability so you can be confident you are getting top performance out of your bow.

No-Glove Oscillation Reducer

These days just about every bow has two things on the string: Speed nocks and after market string silencers. The problem with string silencers is they counter act the effects of having the speed nocks. Silencers will slow your speeds down by approximately 2-6 fps. We have eliminated that problem by using No-Glove Oscillation Reducers. By placing these where the speed nocks traditionally go we have found that we gain speed, quiet the string and reduce string oscillation.

Cable Slide

On cold wet days there is nothing worse than drawing your bow and hearing that nasty squeak coming from your cable slide. We have eliminated that frustration by using a cable slide that has a lubricant built in to it which will eliminate any friction between the slide and cable rod. It is also lighter than any other slide on the market, which will help with the performance of your bow.

More to come…

We feel the strides we have made with our new technologies will have a significant impact on the archery industry and hopefully will raise your level of enjoyment for the sport. But don’t think for one minute that we are done. Our goal is, and always will be, to produce the most advanced equipment and technology in the industry. We look forward to showing the world what we are capable of

Sooner State Hunter 08-12-2009 03:54 AM

yep, they look and sound good. I know I love my Z so I'm sure these will be great too. I'll wait until next winter and check them out a little closer, after any "bugs" are worked out.

HuntingBry 08-12-2009 08:59 AM

They are nice looking already. The specs are impressive and I like the Predator camo dipping. It will be interesting to see how Kevin's new company does. He's off to a great start with some good offerings.

hatchet jack 08-12-2009 10:56 AM

Nice looking Bow. Good Luck with it!!

Hatchet Jack

sr77 08-12-2009 12:51 PM

I just picked up a GT500 not long ago, have been following the new Strothers lineup, very impressive to say the least, great looking bow. You already know the quality will be there. Give us a good write up Don.;)

Shane