Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech Air Raid, (MAN LAW observed page 2) >

Bowtech Air Raid, (MAN LAW observed page 2)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Air Raid, (MAN LAW observed page 2)

Old 08-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Bowtech Air Raid, (MAN LAW observed page 2)

Man what a shooter.

Finally got my new Air Raid yesterday evening. Hell we didn't even hear the UPS driver pull in, neither did the dog. Must have been the air conditioner, the ceiling fan etc but my wife went down to let the dog out and yelled up, honey your bows on the porch.

Didn't take me long to run down, grab the box and say, I'll be in the basement.

I pulled the Viper Pro MT off the 06 Allegiance, pulled the Limb Driver off the Ross and set her up.

First shot impressions, Very Nice! She's not quite as quiet as the Admiral, not quite as fast as the 82nd but man is she a shooter. I shot a 360 grain arrow 302, a 381 grain arrow 294 and a 465 grain arrow 260. She draws smooth as silk. Edit: Now this was at 66 lbs. She came in IBO'd at 66 lbs, 318 fps.

I sighted her in across the basement without a peep.

Tonight when I came home from work I stole the Super Peep of the Allegiance, took the 12" Super Stix off the Alley and installed them on the Air Raid.

Grabbed the 360 grain GT Ultra Pro22's and went out back. Figured she had to be close so I took a shot at 20 yards. First arrow was slightly low left of the 1" flo orange dot. 2nd shot touched the first and 3rd took a nock off the first 2. Damn she's a shooter I said.

Adjusted the sights slightly down and right and the next 2 shots were dead on and touching. I figured the gap had to be exact as I was shooting the Alley at 305 so, next shot was at 30 yards and nailed the 12 ring of the 30 yard coyote target.

Next shot, 12 ring of the 40 yard Delta and the next shot, 10 ring of the 50 yard Pronghorn target.

Now, I'm breaking man law as I didn't take any pictures of her but I just fell in love all over again with another Bowtech bow. Several thumbs up on the Bowtech Air Raid.

I look forward to shooting her some more.

Now, I'm not sure whose going to WY with me. I have the Admiral ready to go but....... and my 82nd may have just taken a back seat to the Air Raid come bow season as well.

Time will tell. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 08-13-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

2009 or 2010 model ??? lol
Old 08-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome bow ....congrats bud. I shot this bow and liked it alot myself. The one thing I noticed and wanted to ask you, was did you think the backwall felt a bit soft? When i pull back and wanted to really pull into the wall, I felt it give a bit, I am sure this is due to the stops being on the cable vs. the limbs, was wondering what your impression was in that area. Everything else, I could not agree more, great shooter and I thought very pleasant to draw.

Shane

Last edited by sr77; 08-12-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Which mods did u have in Rob? Speed or smooth?

I really like the specs and the looks of the Air Raid. Just wish they offered it in a different camo.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
and my 82nd may have just taken a back seat to the Air Raid come bow season as well.
Dang Rob, that says it all right there. I know how much you love the 82nd. I have not had a chance to shoot the Air Raid yet, but I must say, if you are that excited about it I definitely want to.

I'm looking forward to pics. when you get her set up.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice Rob!! I've shot one at the local shop and they definitely are shooters.

Gotta Love what BowTech keeps coming out with!

I'm anxious to see what changes they unveil this year

Dan
Old 08-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by elkhuntinut
2009 or 2010 model ??? lol
LOL Rob, it is of course a 2009

Originally Posted by sr77
Awesome bow ....congrats bud. I shot this bow and liked it alot myself. The one thing I noticed and wanted to ask you, was did you think the backwall felt a bit soft? When i pull back and wanted to really pull into the wall, I felt it give a bit, I am sure this is due to the stops being on the cable vs. the limbs, was wondering what your impression was in that area. Everything else, I could not agree more, great shooter and I thought very pleasant to draw.

Shane
Nice Shane. As far as the back wall, I guess I'm so set in my anchor that it seemed solid enough but if you really torque it, yes I'd imagine it's because the draw stop stops on the cable rather than the limb.

Originally Posted by drhntr178
Which mods did u have in Rob? Speed or smooth?

I really like the specs and the looks of the Air Raid. Just wish they offered it in a different camo.
Agreed on the camo but I'm honestly thinking of having it dipped in Andy's Ultimate Camo. As far as mods, I have to look but I'd assume it's smooth according to my IBO birth certificate.

Originally Posted by Brett/IL
Dang Rob, that says it all right there. I know how much you love the 82nd. I have not had a chance to shoot the Air Raid yet, but I must say, if you are that excited about it I definitely want to.

I'm looking forward to pics. when you get her set up.
Ya it sure does Brett. It's really going to be a difficult decision come October. Thing is, I have so many hunting arrows for the 82nd that I'm really torn. I also have 3 Tracer Nocks coming which will fit my aluminum for the 82nd but not the GT's I'm shooting out of the Air Raid. I have to get some pics. I was out shooting again after work and damn she shoots well. The first 4 arrows at 20 were all slammed. It's going to be expensive on nocks if I keep group shooting.

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Nice Rob!! I've shot one at the local shop and they definitely are shooters.

Gotta Love what BowTech keeps coming out with!

I'm anxious to see what changes they unveil this year

Dan
Amen Dan, it's going to be interesting.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

WHAT,NO PICS
Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the idea you have of dipping it in Ultimate Camo, would look really sharp.

Shane

Last edited by sr77; 08-13-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Having just gotten back into compounds (Bt General) I haven't shot all that many but there's no question Bowtech has some of the best on the market.Nice bow Rob!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.