Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My Lone Wolf Sticks are ready/Ready for my mobile way of hunting >

My Lone Wolf Sticks are ready/Ready for my mobile way of hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Lone Wolf Sticks are ready/Ready for my mobile way of hunting

Old 08-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Banned

Default My Lone Wolf Sticks are ready/Ready for my mobile way of hunting

I just camo'ed these out today with Ultimate camo cloth tape. It quieted them a lot, and definitely conceals them better. I am toying with the idea of blowing expandable foam in them to further quiet them. I added the UCR's(Utility Constriction ropes) to them and this lighted my load up by 1 1/2 lbs on 6 sticks and added 2' of extra length. They are also rated for much more poundage than Lone Wolf Straps and no buckles to bang together.

I also just bought a tree saddle, and I have been practicing with it. It is very easy to use and very comfortable. Just another tool in my mobile way of hunting. I never leave a stand out, and what I carry in each hunt, goes out after each hunt. Deer can't pattern me, as I have no pattern. The best time in a stand, is always the 1st time I sit in a stand. It is always the 1st time for me. Since I adopted this type of hunting, I have been having success like I have never known before. Good hunting everyone, and be safe!!

Old 08-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don't forget what tree you put them on if you decide to leave them overnight. You'll never find them.

Man they look fantastic! Great job on the tape Andy (Diesel77, Ultimate Camo)! !

http://www.ultimatecamo.com/store/sh....asp?itemid=22
Old 08-08-2009, 05:54 AM
Banned

These UCR's are really neat and I bought them late last year and used them on my last hunt of the season. They enabled me to hunt this tree, as it was the only real decent tree in the area and it was too big in diameter for a stock LW strap to get around. Here is the result from that tree on that late, bitterly cold, afternoon set; one of the biggest does I have ever taken.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

man that tape really turns out better every time i see it.
looks good man
Old 08-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

First, wow - you really like to get high. That's too high for me.

Second, is that rope strong enough? What is the break strength on that?

The rope we use on the Muddy sticks is 9mm and rated to over 3,800 lb. break strength. Those look a little thin to me!

Be careful with anything home-made. It hasn't been through TMA testing which ensures it's safe!
Old 08-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Spike

Where? how do you get those UCR? rope deals- that looks slick- I can't stand those straps.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WKP Todd
First, wow - you really like to get high. That's too high for me.

Second, is that rope strong enough? What is the break strength on that?

The rope we use on the Muddy sticks is 9mm and rated to over 3,800 lb. break strength. Those look a little thin to me!

Be careful with anything home-made. It hasn't been through TMA testing which ensures it's safe!
Lol..yea...high is good at times. I go wherever the shot opportunity looks the best..sometimes 4 sticks..sometimes 6. Here is the rope info off of his post: tensile strength rope of 3200 lbs 1/4" and I weigh 195-200. I think it will hold just fine; stronger than the Lone Wolf Straps from what I have read before on their data. I can't find the data on a Lone Wolf strap right now, but I would bet that these are safer with the fool proof constriction method, than the cam buckle on a stock Lone Wolf strap. I like the idea of the steps; but they are just too small/short for my type of hunting. I carry 6 Lone Wolfs and almost always use 5-6 in every setup. I would have to carry 9-10 of the Muddys to get as high as I hunt, which means more time in attaching extra sticks to a tree instead of accomplishing it in less time with fewer sticks.

About the ropes:

These ropes work off of the hollow core rope constriction principal. There is an inner rope, which I'm calling the static line, and there is the outer rope which I call the constrictor. When tension is applied to the loop on the constrictor, it grabs the static line and will not slip. This works almost identical to a prussic hitch on a static line. If you've used a prussic, these will feel almost identical in use and how they are adjusted.

Each rope has an eye loop on each end. The loops will come standard with eyes that are 2" long. Longer eye loops can be ordered, just let me know what you need (for such things as dog leashes). The standard, fully extended, UCR length is 6'-0", loop to loop (much like a bowstring). I can do custom lenghts as needed, see pricing below. The rope material I'm using is 1/4" black rope, that has a special coating on it to give it color and to make it soft and pliable. The only color I'm offering at this time is black (it turns grey with use, so don't worry about the color change, it doesn't effect the rope). The 1/4" rope material that I use to make them is rated for 3200 lbs of tensile strength, however the UCR assemblies are/should be rated for less than that.

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 08-08-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Don't forget what tree you put them on if you decide to leave them overnight. You'll never find them.

Man they look fantastic! Great job on the tape Andy (Diesel77, Ultimate Camo)! !

http://www.ultimatecamo.com/store/sh....asp?itemid=22
No worries there, I never leave them out overnight. They cost way too much to leave out and have them "grow legs" and walk off.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

Where can I buy these's ucr's I need 3
Old 08-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jjones
Where can I buy these's ucr's I need 3
Here ya go. Guy that sells them goes by ZA206

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...hlight=UCR%27s

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...hlight=UCR%27s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.