Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
is there anyone? >

is there anyone?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is there anyone?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

hit his off elbow and bounced back and lodged in his heart (after going through it once)- happy with the flight- not that happy with the blood trail- and bounce effect. That elbow area is rubbery- but that was weird. Left a huge hemotoma on his off side- he went 250 yards, One lung and center heart.
Please explain to us how exactly you can go through the lung, heart, and hit the off side leg and not get both lungs.

I'd like to see that video you have.

One deer I shot with ST mags was a hard quartering away shot, 30 feet up in the tree. Entered the back of his ribs just below the spine and exited his chest at his off side shoulder below the scapula and completely broke his leg and exited into the dirt.

Just a FYI, your field tipped arrows hiss while going though the air too.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

i know mine do bigbulls. especially since i start using quikspin st speed hunters. its just something we have to deal with.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mohunter82
yea the hiss does kinda worry me. i dont think deer jump the string persay. i think its more the sond of the broadhead and vanes that they react to myself. of course they may not with my setup. or they may do it worse. lol im just gonna break down and try em. its only money lol.
I would really recommend not worrying about the hiss... My setup is shooting 330fps with them and the hiss is not bad enough to be worried over...

I shot a doe in the shoulder (quartering to) last year with the rage 3 and it absolutely destroyed her lol! She literally went less than 40yds and thats no exageration Went through her shoulder and lodged into the other shoulder almost poking out of the skin. That was at 60#'s with a light arrow... I probably would have taken your shot after seeing that experience now, but like you (if i hadnt done it already) I probably would not have done that with the buck of a lifetime at 12yds...

Derek
Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea and it was the last time i saw it alive. yes it was killed that weekend on the opening day of rifle season. by my neighbor.