Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Gun Safe Help Please >

Gun Safe Help Please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gun Safe Help Please

Old 08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gun Safe Help Please

I know this will probably get moved but there are more people in this section. I was wondering if anyone had any advise on a gun safe. I am looking to spend less than 1000 on it probably a 14 gun capacity would work. was wondering if anyone had any of the ones made by bass pro/redhead they have a few on sale right now and was wondering if they are any good. Thanks any advise is appreciated.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:41 AM
Typical Buck

First of all, buy bigger (more gun capacity) than you think you need. I recently bought a 28 gun safe and it is "full" with 10 long guns in it. Granted, one entire side is taken up with shelves to store ammo, pistols, etc, but even if that side was set up for long guns I'd max out at about 20...in a 28 gun safe. Even on the side where I have the 10 long guns, it is packed. Have to move one gun to get to the next.
All that said, I'm glad that I have one. Is it break-in proof? Nope, but someone would have to work awful hard at it. It will protect against fire which was one of the key points. I paid $700.00 for mine at *ick's Sporting Goods.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks anyone else
Old 08-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Dominant Buck

I have this one and love it. I got it on clearance for $550. It works great for my needs.