Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Those new Blood Runner Broadheads by NAP >

Those new Blood Runner Broadheads by NAP

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Those new Blood Runner Broadheads by NAP

Old 08-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still trying to figure out how they've become so talked about . . . I guess it's all the advertising. It seems to me that it should shoot about like any other fixed blade BH since it's an inch wide closed. When it hits, you only get another half inch from it and it seems like a very expensive 1/2 inch. What is really surprising is not being able to replace the blades without having to sharpen them. I guess they want us to buy even more of them than we need.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Spike

Muzzy are my stand by. Never a problem with them. 90% pass through on the deer I have shot. No sound and deadly in my opinion. I will never change. My two hunting buddies for some reason have been messing around with different broad heads for the past two years with no luck. I expect they will go back to muzzy also.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MI TAMBO
Muzzy are my stand by. Never a problem with them. 90% pass through on the deer I have shot. No sound and deadly in my opinion. I will never change. My two hunting buddies for some reason have been messing around with different broad heads for the past two years with no luck. I expect they will go back to muzzy also.
I was a muzzy man too, until I shot the slick trick.... Still like the Muzzy's but love the st's...
Old 11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

I've only had 3 different broadheads now. First were the Hallrazors and I love them. I'd still be shooting them if I hadn't shot a doe with one and it needs resharpened, shot one at my target with the range picked wrong like an idiot and lost the whole arrow in some soft mud and tall grass and was left with 1 broadhead. Then I bought the G5s because nobody carried the hellrazors in 125g and I really didn't want to sight back in before going into the woods and the G5 and hellrazor have such a similar shape that I figured the flight wouldn't be that different. Then I shot some 100g field points and figured it didn't take much to sight back in to that and bought these. I'm hoping they work well, but the Hellrazors will be a fallback. I haven't shot the G5s as I plan on returning them tomorrow. Hopefully I can put one in a deer and take a few pictures to see what they can do. If and when I do I'll be sure to post.

One thing I kinda dig about these is they will flex a little through ribs like the Atom headsand expand again after so you won't lose as much KE breaking ribs. At least that's how it looks. They don't lock open but they will continue to cut regardless. Unlike the atom, though, you have the potential for 1.5" cut instead of just 1"

Last edited by RyanATiffany; 11-16-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Left out that last paragragh. Thought it was a valid point.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

Brother shoots them and stuck an eight point, it caused significant damage and had he put a better shot on him instead of shooting him in the guts then it would have been worse. He did not get a pass through, which I don't think has anything to do with the broadhead but more with his bow. Despite the non pass through we ended up with a massive blood trail and a dead deer that night.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

They sell Blood Runner practice heads so you don't have to use the good ones.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:31 AM
Spike

I got them this year. Shot a nice ten pointer. put a big hole going in and out. complete pass through. got a nice shot and the deer didn't go 20 yards. They fly good a kill deer. Shap out of the box and didn't take much to touch up/sharpen.