Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Cabels pissed me off >

Cabels pissed me off

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabels pissed me off

Old 08-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Host of Hosts

This has happened to me once on another issuer and my wife a few times. They are setting new guidelines and if you don't use your card enough they will close your account or lower the credit limit.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

That happened to me with my Wal-Mart card...didn't use it for 4 months after paying it in full for the original purchase and they lowered my limit by 66%...didn't bother me though, as I wasn't planning on using it anymore.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Brian K
That's really weird. My wife and I put everything on our Cabela's card-- and I mean everything from gas to a 2 dollar cup of coffee-- and then pay it off in full each month. We've never had any problem with them lowering our limit. They make money on each purchase you make on it, not just the interest.
It cost them less for you to purchase stuff with thier card. its just like at lowes for example if you purchase something on your lowes card it cost them nothing but it will cost them money when you purchase stuff on your mastercard, visa or discover card.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You must not buy much from them you spelled there name wrong

I love Cabela's...

99.9% of my hunting s--- comes from them
Old 08-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jimmy28303
thats why you should live on a cash basis, without credit. you dont need it! its simple, if you cant afford to pay cash for it then you dont need it. If an emergency comes up, then thats why you have 3 to 6 months of salary saved up. GO DAVE RAMSEY!!

Thats how I roll myself.... but it is a two edged sword.

In order to earn credit, you can't just not have marks on your credit score... you have to show that you will make payments on time. If you haven't ever had to pay anything off.... then you have no credit at all... and sooner or later if you want to have anything in life... you are going to have to take out a loan... be it for a home, or property, or a boat or whatever. And if you just have $45,000 in cash sitting around or even just sitting in the bank... you are missing out on putting that money to work in CDs or other investments.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=Mr. Longbeard;3401046]You must not buy much from them you spelled there name wrong]

Sorry Longbeard...with you mentioning spelling, I somehow couldn't let "their" slide.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

They did the same thing to me!

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-06-2009, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SwampCollie

In order to earn credit, you can't just not have marks on your credit score... you have to show that you will make payments on time. If you haven't ever had to pay anything off.... then you have no credit at all... and sooner or later if you want to have anything in life... you are going to have to take out a loan... be it for a home, or property, or a boat or whatever. And if you just have $45,000 in cash sitting around or even just sitting in the bank... you are missing out on putting that money to work in CDs or other investments.

Actually you do not need credit to make a purchase, I have not used credit in 5 years. If you want to make a big purchase like 350,000 for a house then they will do underwriting if you have not credit. they simply look at your debt to income ratio and your acct history with your bank. We have never had a prob. we just bought a 2009 Tahoe and when the lady ran my credit my score was low 500's because we dont use credit. Now, although we paid cash for it, they still offered to finance it because they saw that the reason for the low score was because of lack of use. I am not preaching on how to live your life but if you think about it, when you use credit, you are actually paying someone else to use money that you will have anyway.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SwampCollie

and sooner or later if you want to have anything in life... you are going to have to take out a loan... be it for a boat or whatever.
My personal belief is if you cant afford to pay cash for the boat or atv or whatever you buy then maybe you shouldnt be buying it. Once again though, i dont bash anyone for using credit, i just dont use it myself.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

i want to give you a hand Jimmy. its kinda nice to see someone not think the answer to all there problems is take out a loan. not saying that is what everyone does but i have seen it alot in my line of business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.