Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Tricks

Old 08-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Slick Tricks

I shot the Rage 3 blade last year but this year I am planning on trying a fixed blade for better penetration on my low bow poundage. I am a young hunter, and with all the broadheads out on the market, I figured I should try different ones untill I find the right one for me. My friend and I shot today, and he has the slick tricks. I shot one and wow, it flew great and flew just like a field tip. After shooting this head several times I was impressed with this broadhead and I am thinking about definately giving them a shot this year. Inputs would be great, thanks!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard a lot of good things about the slick tricks, but have never shot one. I shot the Rages last year as well and was less than impressed with the penetration I got. So, I am also planning on going back to a fixed blade.

The only negative I have heard concerning the Slick Tricks is that produce a whistling noise in flight. However, I have not shot them yet so I cannot say if this is true. If you want another option, take a look the the Shuttle T's. I have shot these and they fly amazing. Also, they are a low profile bh, so you should not worry about your low poundage.

Good luck!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Your right. They do whistle a little. I forgot to add that above, but the quality of the broadhead and the flight seem to overpower the whistle sound. Thanks for the advice on the other bh.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

I have the RazorTricks and they are a great head. Built tough and are extremely sharp out of the package. They fly great and group with field points out to 50 yards. As far as noise I don't notice any difference from my field points. My arrows do make noise when in flight and I think it is my feathers.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats funny because I have never had one whistle before, I haven't tried them past fifty yards but they fly true all the way out to fifty. Very good broadheads IMO.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh and the cutting diameter is larger then the rage!!! And thats a fact
Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

I've been shooting the Slick Tricks for two years now and mine only whistle "Taps."
Old 08-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Oh and the cutting diameter is larger then the rage!!! And thats a fact
Are you talking about cutting diameter or cutting surface area.

if you mean surface area then yes the tricks do have that but diameter they do not.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot Slick Trick 100 grain Magnums for two years with good luck. They are a strong, sharp, tough, good flying head.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

They are great broadheads. I have used them with great success. Never noticed any whistling. Pm meanv if you want some. He is the cheapest I have found.

rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.