Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
score this bruiser, my backyard buck >

score this bruiser, my backyard buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

score this bruiser, my backyard buck

Old 08-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BJ from IL
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...23_123/005.jpg
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...23_123/008.jpg
^same buck both pics, different angles^

mom snapped these pictures in the clover plot in the backyard 300 feet from our backdoor while i was hunting our bottoms a half mile away

Before I even looked at any replies I was gonna say around 150 for a score. I'm also guessing that this was taken last year as he's out of velvet so he should go higher this year.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Schultzy
155" range. Awesome buck!! I no longer look at a picture and add up numbers, I just look at them and throw a number out. I'm much better It seems doing It that way, It's always how I use to do It. I think too much doing It the other way.
I always just glance and throw a number out. That's how your suppose to do it so you get practice for the field lol. Hes in the high 150's easily and he even looks pretty wide maybe 160.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Spike

i have some 500 acres of heaven surrounding my house here in IL, river bottom ground and high crop fields...i have spotted 7 boone and crocketts this summer, but no pics sorry, and this one was a lucky beast because where the buck was standing when the second pic was taken is 8 yards from an elevated blind...8 YARDS!!!!!! haha oh well he and his buddies should be on the ground this year
Old 08-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like net mid 150"s. That had to be last years pic. Too early to be hard antler as mentioned previously.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a nice looking buck. i would say hes in the mid 150s
Old 08-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

I'll stick with the high 140's low 150's...nice buck. wich it was in my back yard