Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowmadness setup >

Bowmadness setup

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowmadness setup

Old 08-03-2009, 05:35 AM

Default Bowmadness setup

New bowhunter here. I have been to local shops & Cabelas & tried just about every bow I possibly could. For some reason the 32” Bowmadness shoots the best for me. I keep hearing that PSE is Piece of Crap Equipment & all but I really feel comfortable with that bow. The best setup for me seems to be 65 pound draw at 27”. I have a few options buy it from a local shop or cabelas any way I slice it I’m looking at like $1400+ for the setup I want! Or buy the same package tax free with free shipping plus extras for like $400-500 less!

32” bowmadness $600.00
G5 expert II release $120.00
HHA Ol-5519 single pin sight $140.00
Doinker 5” stabilizer $60.00
Scott little goose release $60.00
Alpine soft loc quiver $55.00
Meta peep $9.00
Carbon express arrows $140.00
Slick tricks $24.00
Flambeau Safe shot Hard case $84.00
Mckenzee Target $80.00
Subtotal: $1372.00
6% Tax $82.00
Grand Total $1454.00

The price above does not include any setup fees or fletchings/feathers and other small misc. items.

I know this setup works very well for me because that’s what they setup for me at Cabelas. They actually built me a bow to my exact specs & let me take it shoot it extensively. I was able to go out in the store & pick different sight & rests & try them right out of the box. So I know exactly what I need. I have also spoke with an online dealer. Huntersfriend.com. They have also been very helpful & will setup anything I want. The package that they sell is $799.00 delivered for free. But the components in that setup are not what I’m looking for. They will customize the bow with the components I want sight it in at 15, 25 & 35 yards with guaranteed 2” groups at 25 yards. Provide chronograph testing/ complete system diagnostics etc…They will setup the bow with everything listed above including correct arrow size weight fletchings or feathers. Put all of this in a hard case & ship it to my door for $950.00! They also throw in a free McKenzee shotblocker bowhunter target for free. If I bought all of this from a local dealer or Cabelas I’m looking at $1400 easily. That’s a huge savings to pass up. I was just curious as to what you think about this setup for a first time bowhunter?

Once again I would rather buy from a local shop but what Huntersfriend has to offer is really hard to beat. I have heard great things about what they have to offer. Money is tight & I know I need a local dealer to depend on for adjustments etc… but these local guys don’t hesitate to charge top $$$. $400- $500 savings is a lot of $$ to me. Am I missing something here? Any feedback would be appreciated!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as PSE being a piece of crap, I can only assumed you spoke with some fan boy of another brand. I myself, love my Hoyts, they are what feel and shot best for ME. It sounds like you have done everything right so far, by shooting a bunch of different bow, you really have found the best bow for YOU. The bowmadness is a great bow and I am sure as much as you like it now, you will only like more and more as you shoot more and more.

As far as where to purchase from? That is a tough decision, that again can only be made by you. Saving $500 is hard to pass up. I myself like to support the local pro shops, because I know when I need help they will be there, where a website will not. There was a case last year, during the heat of the rut, I had a release fail on me. The owner of the my pro shop opened up the shop at 11:30 at night so I could get a release and still make the stand the next morning. I honestly believe this would not have happened if I had not be a loyal customer. However, $500 dollars is a lot to pass up.

The decision of where to purchase your bow from is no different that choosing which bow to purchase. YOU have to decide what is best for YOU. Good luck and I am sure you are going to love your new bow, no matter where you purchase it from.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Save your money!!!

look here.
www.huntersfriend.com
Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 AM

They are awesome bows..I just bought the Bow Madness XL. I didn't put anything fancy on it, a biscuit, and a Tru-glo sight and was shooting tight groups @ 40 yards after set up! Great bows!

Last edited by AGI471; 08-03-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:51 AM

Thanks guys

Huntersfriend has one hell of a deal. I would much rather buy local. But what they have to offer is hard to beat. Anyone have any feedback on how this bow has been performing for them? How easy is it to adjust draw length on these bowmadness?

Thanks Again
Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I showed my local pro shop the offers that HF has to offer. And he nearly matched the price. I think he was $50 more, but I also kept my money local.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

I have a friend who bought a bow from HF and he loves it. had to do very little to tune the bow. I was very impressed with them. But i to kept my money local. and dont let anyone tell you what they like its what you like if you want a hoyt, bowtech,mat, whatever. you will still be cool with me and i will never say to you that you should have not bought a POS.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default local

talk with your local shop. I took an offer to my old shop of what I could get it for online and he matched it. It can't hurt to ask. good luck which ever way you go.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Spike

PSE is a whole different ball game now- Not the same company they were 5 years ago. Bow Madness is one of the best values out there- great bow...never would have said that a couple years back.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by engie
PSE is a whole different ball game now- Not the same company they were 5 years ago. Bow Madness is one of the best values out there- great bow...never would have said that a couple years back.
I agree..
Just saw the X Force Omen UF WHAT A FAST BOW!!!!! after set up it was shooting 353 NUTS! my next bow just could be PSE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.