Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
got some tracer lighted nocks! >

got some tracer lighted nocks!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

got some tracer lighted nocks!

Old 08-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up got some tracer lighted nocks!

I am really happy with them so far. I had been using the lumenok for a couple years and I was happy with them most of the time but sometimes I would get some erratic arrow flight.
Thought I would try something else. The tracers seem great. No change in arrow flight, bright and easy to use. I love the magnet feature. So simple.
There are several good ones out there from the sound of it but i have only used these two.
Rick
Old 08-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not so happy with the Easton Tracer nock.

Here's a video tutorial I did on them last season.

CLICK ME FOR VIDEO:

It worked perfectly in the video but only worked 50% of the time out of the 82nd. Not sure if the 82nd was too fast for it, too much KE or what but it did not light 100% of the time.

Sometimes it lit after it hit the target, sometimes not at all.

Here's where my problem lies. I'm sure they are better in a carbon arrow where the fit is better however, I used them in an XX78 with a fatter diameter. Problem is, the nock slips in smooth and then is smaller than the diameter of the arrow there for the nock has no support. The first one I used, the one you see in the video broke. The circuitry broke away from the battery.

I wrote Easton with my concerns in a very articulate and elegant email and I got a generic response that they would replace the unit. Fine, so I got a new Tracer nock (replacement) and I sent the one I had back, on my dime.

The replacement worked on the Halloween buck I shot and then I deactivated it. I took it to IL where I found out it was illegal to use so I left in the truck. (EDIT: Recently I learned they may NOT be illegal in IL) I, just the other day went to test it and it's completely dead AGAIN! Don't know if the battery died (when deactivated) or it's broke again. I rightly now don't care and won't try Easton again. I'll be looking to test another brand.

Thumbs Down to the Easton Tracer Nock.

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 08-01-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

that stinks. Hopefully I have better luck but so far I am very impressed

rick
Old 08-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hairless...I had initial problems with 1 out of 2 (this was in the same period when Rob was having issues) I contacted Cabelas they replaced them free and I loved them after that. I had no issues... Thaks goodness Cabelas took care of my issues cuz a year later and I still haven't gotten a response from Easton!

Cabelas customer service ...1st rate
Eastons customer service.... pi$$ poor!
Old 08-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

thats weird. Wonder if they had a bad batch or something. I have only shot these a few dozen times but they were flawless

rick
Old 08-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not have any problems with the tracer nocks not working, did have one break after an errant shot that smacked the wall. Also one seems to be dead this year but the other 3 still work. Using these nocks helped me find an arrow last year in the dark after shot in the shoulder did not pass through.
On a side note to Rob, I was wondering where you got your info that they are illegal in Illinios. After reading this post you got me thinking and I checked the regs again and found nothing about lighted nocks there.

Last edited by BUCKMARK; 08-01-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

i had problems with easton tracers as well i contacted easton ans was told they wouls send me a set of replacements (3) they never turned up so i wont be useing them either
Old 08-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

I recently purchased the tracer nock this year as well. i am shooting a Reezen 7.0 with an Easton Axis Nano at 430 grains and have not had any issues. they light every time they pass through. Just wondering where has everyone been placing their magnet?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the tracer nocks 2 years ago and switched to the firenocks last year....I like the firenocks so much better. Don't need a magnet to activate them.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

i loved the tracers when i was using them up until it got really cold out and all the batteries went dead on them at the same time but as far as early season or when its warm out i do not even think lumenock compares to them

and iv placed my magnet on the riser even with the arrow rest iv never had one not go off but iv seen some people put the magnet in front of the arrow rest as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.