Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Illinios Spot prep >

Illinios Spot prep

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinios Spot prep

Old 07-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illinios Spot prep

alright guys its my second archery season. yes im 21 but i never had time before... So I went to the place that i shot my deer out of last season. im in Illinois... anyhow So I found a tree like God put it there for me. Its 15 yards off of a 3 foot made deer trail thats cut into the waste high weeds like a damn road. and this trail has shooting lanes from my tree at quatering angles out to 30 yards. all around where my stand would face and none behind it. with enough branches to not be in the way but to break up my outline.

What legally can I do to make sure I have a good opening day. Because I am in Illinios... also because this spot is so awesome should I get a ladder stand for it so that I do not have to wory about setup and just get into the stand and wait? what can I do guys... what i mean is... should I start an active scrape?...

this spot is in a funnel with alphalpa to the south and other peoples property to the worth and a cattle pasture to the west and alphalpha to the east... and that damn trail is 3 foot wide! when I was coyote hunting in march I saw 10 dose come out of there when i was sitting by the hay bahls 300 yard away... I just want to make sure I get one opening day... and I know there is a huge 10point! and a small 8 point and a big tall 6 point. just help me out!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Spike

you could walk around find scraps and put some doe **** in thembut one thing you should do it try to put it in the scrap the same time every time you do so. also if i was you i would do a nice hanging stand and some strap on ladder. but that me lol
Old 08-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

i always like to whistle real loud and say come here, come here big buck. sorry, i couldn't resist. there is NOTHING that you can do to garauntee opening day success, and i'd never bet on it happening on opening day. I'd work on a season long approach, focusing on what the deer are doing at each point in the season. It sounds like you have a really good spot found, i'd just hunt it and see what happens before trying to dupe them with scrapes and pee. patience and time in the woods always prevails, good luck
Old 08-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

well i got a ladder stand today that I am going to put out... and im not going to do anything opening day other than **** there and hunt and use a cover scent... A friend told me deer do not know its opening day unless you let them know and something changes...