Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
treestand recommendation >

treestand recommendation

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

treestand recommendation

Old 08-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Spike

by far the best in that price and above....Go Muddy!

Great stands that have all the leveling features that you need!

www.gomuddy.com
Old 08-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

I found new Summit Viper Classic stands at a place this weekend for $179. Same stand I have and I love it....it's as good as any recliner you can find at the furniture store.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Typical Buck

Being from the South East which is dominated by the timber industry we have nothing, but planted pines which are generally tall and straight. So a good climber is the best way to hunt.

I hunt a lot of public land so I pack my stand in and out on every hunt. I've had a lot of climbers, but the only one I use now is the Equalizer. I honestly can't say enough about them. They are all welded so they are very strong. They have features that make things A LOT easier and the best advantage is being able to adjust the stand while you are in the tree.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by StrutNtom
Being from the South East which is dominated by the timber industry we have nothing, but planted pines which are generally tall and straight. So a good climber is the best way to hunt.
Got to love those 60 to 70ft IP pines..they don't offer much cover but they are sure easy to zip up and down. Not to mention how the teeth on the climber bite into the bark.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Dominant Buck

How much are you gonna be climbing?

If I was on a budget....and I was gonna be climbing a lot....I'd find a good deal on a Summit open shot. If I was going to be climbing, occasionally, I'd opt for a Summit Viper.

I rarely use my Summit, but it's a solid stand.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Spike

i like API because the straps that go around the tree are chains and dig into the tree much better in my opinion, i just dont trust those rubber straps...and make sure you get one welded together because the ones put together with bolts make too many creeks and moans up in the tree