Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Are older bows to slow/loud with today's deer >

Are older bows to slow/loud with today's deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are older bows to slow/loud with today's deer

Old 07-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are older bows to slow/loud with today's deer

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about this. With the bows of today slinging arrows hundreds of feet per second and as quiet as they do it can older bows still take deer even though the deer are becoming quicker and are still jumping the string. I dont know if you get what im saying but i tried to get it across let me know what you think.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer are now tougher than woodpecker lips. You must have a bow that shoots 300fps with axe heads screwed onto your arrows. Those old bows don't stand a chance in the woods with these robo-deer.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i recently had the pleasure of sitting down with a mature buck and sharing a danish with coffee. according to the buck, they are way too smart these days. infact the buck advised, unless you are shooting a dual cam compound bow that was purchased within a 2 year window and exceeding $700.00...it just won't get the job done. according to this buck, who wished to remain annonymous, deer of 5+ years ago were compared to cavemen by our standards. this buck also informed me that we (as humans) were uncapable of killing them with modern firearms unless it was with a magnum caliber.

i learned alot during this brunch and now plan on purchasing a Mathews Monster and a Remington 700 .300wsm
Old 07-31-2009, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

I myself shoot a old XI IMPACT and I have no problems with killing a deer .It hasn't let me down yet.The farthest shot i've taken so far is 25 but I do practice up to 30 .
Old 07-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

The trick to a deer not jumping the string is to shoot at a relaxed deer with a quiet bow...

Deer are no faster, smarter or tougher to kill then they have ever been...

I killed them with a recruve back in the late 60s and early 70s...
My first compound was a Bear Whitetail that I bought in 1975...
I killed over 50 deer with that bow...My current bow is about 15 years old, I still shoot fingers so I can't shoot todays "fast" bows...

I haven't had a deer jump a string in about 20 years...
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

You mean you guys don't know the deer have a site they can go to and discuss all the topics we do? I mean they are already talking about the new camo patterns and saying what idoits we all are for believing that scent lok actually prevents them from smelling us.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by CamoCop
i recently had the pleasure of sitting down with a mature buck and sharing a danish with coffee. according to the buck, they are way too smart these days. infact the buck advised, unless you are shooting a dual cam compound bow that was purchased within a 2 year window and exceeding $700.00...it just won't get the job done. according to this buck, who wished to remain annonymous, deer of 5+ years ago were compared to cavemen by our standards. this buck also informed me that we (as humans) were uncapable of killing them with modern firearms unless it was with a magnum caliber.

i learned alot during this brunch and now plan on purchasing a Mathews Monster and a Remington 700 .300wsm
dude when i come to florida next i want to have a beer with you
Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
dude when i come to florida next i want to have a beer with you

you come to Florida and we can have many beer
Old 08-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

I sure am glad that we finally have gotten to the point in technology that we can finally hunt deer. For the past few thousand years this majestic beast was untouchable, NOW finally we have 330fps bows that can kill them!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 08-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

i just recently heard from an ancient deer that all deers this fall will be wearing bullet proof armor so it's strongly recommended that we use armor piercing bullets.

...k.. i'll stop. Anyways, the human specie have been killing mid-large game animals with cheap bows for how many yrs now? ...tooo long....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.