Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot the Rage FINALY! >

Shot the Rage FINALY!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the Rage FINALY!

Old 08-01-2009, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

I like my 3 blade rages and will continue to shoot them. It's just personal preference. Shoot what you are comfortable with.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah yeah have heard all the lame fixes to secure the blades so they don't open till you want them too. I don't wrap a bungee strap around my truck to keep the doors from opening going down the road. If I shoot something mechanically simple then there is no operator error to conflict with. Hunting isn't about mediocre' equipment. I would rather enjoy my hunt then have to worry about if my heads going to work or not.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
Doug, Im pretty sure you did miss something...

This guy is wis RIFLE hunter not wis BOW hunter...

Maybe im missing something and they are the same person???

Or maybe you mistakenly thought wis rifle hunter was the op???

Not bein a

Just trying to clear up a bit of confusion.

Derek
Nope, Derek, you ARE CORRECT, I DID indeed miss this one. I still stand by my statement early one though, if a Thunderhead ain't getting a pass-through, I'm not sure why ANYONE would want to believe a RAGE would.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Spike

i just bought a set of Rage 2 Blade and i also have heard tones of good feedback. some of my buddies shoot rages 2 blade and the entry holes ive seen and the performance..i had to try em!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Nope, Derek, you ARE CORRECT, I DID indeed miss this one. I still stand by my statement early one though, if a Thunderhead ain't getting a pass-through, I'm not sure why ANYONE would want to believe a RAGE would.
Its all good man, you confused me for a bit lol!

I completely agree... If a TH aint gonna get thru, the 2 blade rage will be highly more likely to penetrate less...

Derek
Old 08-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

You know thee 100gr. Eastmans they sell at walmart? Come in a 3pack for like $9.95 I think. Thats what i took this bull with and he went about 50 yds before he fell.. Now I mean in no way shape or form am I knocking Rage, but they are so high priced and too new to really know the pros and cons until after this year because of all the hype about them. I do want to shoot them because because of the uncensored footage I watched on Rage website, blood just flows from the entry wound! But I really believe that its the man behind the bow rather than whats in front of the arrow.. May try them, may not!
Attached Thumbnails Shot the Rage FINALY!-13940002.jpg  
Old 08-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Rage 3 blade and I harvested a buck and a doe last season. However I didnt get a pass through on either deer (I'm only shooting 53 lb draw though), but I cant complain because I recovered both deer and both had huge entrance holes. They flew great too, they flew just like my field points so I never had to change my pins.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
What I find funny about all of this is that the proponents of the Rage say they don't open if you check them after you pull them out of your quiver and make sure the blades are seated properly on that little o-ring.
That's a whole lot of double checking you need to do to make sure they are going to work and a whole lot of instances where you could have a failure.

I never have to check my Slick Tricks to know that they are good to go. I never had to check my Muzzy's, my thunderheads, my innerlocks, my montecs, etc... etc...

This is why I shoot Slick Tricks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-srIw3na0

Before anyone says it.... I know we don't shoot rusty barrels but this video shows you exactly how tough different broadheads are.

If you ain't checking them each time then it's just a matter of time when something is going to go wrong with them.

I used fixed for 20 years and checked the BH everytime I nocked my arrow to make sure BH was tight to the arrow and all blades were tight on the ferrule.

You need to check your fixed too, and if you don't think so its plain ignorance.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thunderheads and they were good but never gave me a pass through,
It defies the laws of physics to me how someone that couldn't get pass throughs with a 3 blade fixed head like a Thunderhead is going to get pass throughs with a mech head that has such a huge cutting diameter as a Rage. But good luck to you.

Rage is by far the best expandable on the market today . I think it is the best broadhead ever .
What mystifies me about these heads is this. For many years there was a broadhead on the market called a "Snyper" by Rocky Mt Archery. (It's now been discontinued) It is basically the "EXACT" same design as a Rage except it had sharper stronger blades; a better more reliable blade retention system and cost waaaaay less than a pack of Rage heads. They couldn't give them away

Fast forward to today. A new company buys the design makes the blades duller and more fragile, switches to a badly designed retention system and doubles the price per 3 pack.

Aaahhh BUT, they changed the name to "RAGE" which I guess appeals to 14 year old kids more. And also they took the money they saved from cheapening the design and paid every TV hunting celebrity open to a good bribe to say that Rage heads are the greatest thing ever!!!!!!!

And now they fly off the shelves despite the cheaper quality and outrageous price tag. LOL! Tells you a lot about the American consumer mind set and how easily it's manipulated.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Not to be a Wise-arse here, but WHY on earth are you going to expect pass-through's with a RAGE when you weren't getting them with a TH???? That argument falls FLAT on it's face.
Hear. Hear.

Elknutz.....you seem to REALLY not like these heads. What personal experiences do you have with them? And...aren't they illegal in CO?

I NEVER had one open in flight. I DID have pass-thru issues. I took 12+ whitetails with these heads over a 2 yr stint.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.