Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot the Rage FINALY! >

Shot the Rage FINALY!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the Rage FINALY!

Old 07-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

Operator error?
Ihave been shooting them for a couple of years and have never had a problem after checking them to ensure they were held by the "O" ring.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shot a buck this year with a Slick Trick what did I find in the deer? A rage 3 blade and and only 2 of the 3 partialy open, the 3rd was closed. Don't know how or really care, just stating what I observed. I'll stick with the Tricks. Oh and the rage was there only a day or 2 the most.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wis_rifle_hunter
i absolutely love rages. even if you hit the deer bad you will more than likely find it. it makes them bleed ALOT!

Okay, now wait, you're 14 or 15, you said you've tried all kind of BH's, and now you've finally shot Rages for the first time, and you know all of this??? I must've missed something. Now granted, you're young, and at least you're interested in this sport, but let's put a little more thought into this. If a Thunderhead didn't make it on a pass-through, what one earth makes you think the Rages are gonna??? Not gonna happen. If you hit a deer bad, then you should have taken a better shot, if you hit a shoulder, a ST or TH has a much better likelihood of you still getting that deer vs. a Rage, no doubt about it.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
I thought rage flew awesome until I shot slick tricks.
I have to agree here. My RazorTricks fly just as good out 50 yards as the Rage I tried. RazorTRicks in my quiver this year.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you 100%. I hate the rage good marketing. I had a blade slip out on an elk hunt in 2007 and it sounded like a fan flying through the air.

Rules of mechanics: the more moving parts you have the more problems you can have.

Originally Posted by ElkNutz
Oh trust me you will know. They look alot like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKBFTK-xsMg

I think it's funny that you guys praise a unrealiable piece of crap Gimmick head but attempt to put down the tried and true fixed blades, that have have thousands of kills to their credit.

Bottom line you owe it to the animals you pursue, to use the best equipment. Not something that only works "part of the time" or when the conditions are right, like rage broadheads.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

What I find funny about all of this is that the proponents of the Rage say they don't open if you check them after you pull them out of your quiver and make sure the blades are seated properly on that little o-ring.
I have been shooting them for a couple of years and have never had a problem after checking them to ensure they were held by the "O" ring.
The heads will not open in flight unless you are careless enough to shoot them with the blade improperly secured.
or they didnt pay attention the blades when they removed them from their quivers and they werent tight against the oring...thats my guess.
That's a whole lot of double checking you need to do to make sure they are going to work and a whole lot of instances where you could have a failure.

I never have to check my Slick Tricks to know that they are good to go. I never had to check my Muzzy's, my thunderheads, my innerlocks, my montecs, etc... etc...

This is why I shoot Slick Tricks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-srIw3na0

Before anyone says it.... I know we don't shoot rusty barrels but this video shows you exactly how tough different broadheads are.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

so i was reading some of the stuff people say on here and its funny. Im only 22 but ive probably killed as many deer as alot of the people on here and ya know it doesnt matter what kind of broadheads you use. They all aren't perfect and if they didn't kill animals they wouldn't be on the market. The rages are good broadheads they are just like every other mechanical you can't be a lazy hunter and shoot them because they require more inspection. And i have shot alot of broadheads from G5 to muzzy to thunderhead and never liked mechanicals so i stay away from them. But ya know you guys bad mouth these rages and say they didn't work for you but in my opinion its not how well the broadhead shoots to whether it kills the animal or not. Its how well the shot is placed.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those little dental rubber bands will probably do wonders for the "opened up in flight" crew...

Im shootin tricks out of my X6, and 2blade rages out of my Omen this season. Looking to kill whatever I shoot with either head

My 3 blades did a great job last year so im looking for the same with the 2 blades this year.

derek
Old 07-31-2009, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Okay, now wait, you're 14 or 15, you said you've tried all kind of BH's, and now you've finally shot Rages for the first time, and you know all of this??? I must've missed something. Now granted, you're young, and at least you're interested in this sport, but let's put a little more thought into this. If a Thunderhead didn't make it on a pass-through, what one earth makes you think the Rages are gonna??? Not gonna happen. If you hit a deer bad, then you should have taken a better shot, if you hit a shoulder, a ST or TH has a much better likelihood of you still getting that deer vs. a Rage, no doubt about it.
Doug, Im pretty sure you did miss something...

This guy is wis RIFLE hunter not wis BOW hunter...

Maybe im missing something and they are the same person???

Or maybe you mistakenly thought wis rifle hunter was the op???

Not bein a

Just trying to clear up a bit of confusion.

Derek
Old 08-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Bartender

About time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.