Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Age these deer

Old 08-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by diamondrack
It just cracks me up that people post pics of obvious "trophy" caliber bucks that are clearly at least 3 1/2 yrs old (mature) with a question of "would you shoot them".... No man, I would pass and wait for them to die of old age then after the coyotes had their share I would go and saw the horns off and put them up in my barn!! I just laugh and shake my head... If you don't know, you probably shouldn't be in the woods or even care about proper dear management... A better post would have been "look at these beautiful bucks that I'm going to put the sticking to this fall!" Then I would respond with a good luck and a hell yeah!
Ha, I think I saw a little milk on each of their chins from still sucking! hahahaha
Old 08-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

id shoot em all they are really nice GL with them
Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Great bucks!!! I wouldn't hesitate to shoot any of those deer.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by diamondrack
It just cracks me up that people post pics of obvious "trophy" caliber bucks that are clearly at least 3 1/2 yrs old (mature) with a question of "would you shoot them".... No man, I would pass and wait for them to die of old age then after the coyotes had their share I would go and saw the horns off and put them up in my barn!! I just laugh and shake my head... If you don't know, you probably shouldn't be in the woods or even care about proper dear management... A better post would have been "look at these beautiful bucks that I'm going to put the sticking to this fall!" Then I would respond with a good luck and a hell yeah!
The guy was wanting your opinion and you obviously gave it to him. Any way great bucks, and if I would say 3 1/2 year olds. Give them each a year and you would be amazed... Good luck
Old 08-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

i'm with waldo, although these will be super bucks, none will go over 160 now. if you want to shoot a booner, got to let these guys walk, it aint easy either. i'd just hope not to see them
Old 08-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I guess I could make the road trip and do it for you. I will share in some hindquarter, maybe a loin or something for you to eat....if you eat venison. there wiill be no charge, and I will be sure to bring some buds to make sure we get them all. Then you wont have to worry about them being shootable or not!

JUST KIDDING....nice looking herd. I woul be studying their patterns and do my best to slay the one you thought had the best character and wouldnt hesitate for a second,,,unless I was too busy rolling my tongue in my mouth and picking my jaw from the ground.

Good luck on any of those brutes....dont even think about it....shoot and be merry !

Last edited by Hoyt_Viper; 08-01-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Considering it will be my 20th yr. hunting this year and haven't killed a pope and young buck yet, You bet I'd take them.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like taking candy from a baby