Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lumenock & Others Pros/Cons >

Lumenock & Others Pros/Cons

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lumenock & Others Pros/Cons

Old 07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Smile Lumenock & Others Pros/Cons

Howdy,

New to this forum, I spend most of my time on the turkey forum.

Wanted to purchase some of the lighted nocks to try, read reviews of them on Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. and have heard mostly bad stuff - basically they are unreliable (they work only part of the time or some are dull, break, gets stuck in arrow, etc.)

I'm hoping to hear from some folks on what they have used and what worked best for them as well as suggestions for best place for a good price.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help,

Hoot
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

I used a Lumenok last year and had great luck with them. I purchased mine from Cabelas for I believe about 10 bucks. I have found them cheaper than that...for instance in the bargain cave at Cabelas but im always afraid those cheap ones will not work.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tried the firenocks last year and love them. Worked great every time I used them.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used Easton's Tracer nocks last year for the first time and they worked fine.

The pro's are:
Easier to follow your arrow in flight
Easier to find your arrow after the shot
Pretty cool for video (if you video hunts)

The con's are:
They are expensive (about $10 per nock)
There is a chance they won't work (but they still work as a nock)
They make achieving a higher FOC slightly more difficult

Overall they are a nice little accessory. If you don't have a problem shelling out the dough for them they are worth it. If the price seems steep you're probably better off sticking with a traditional nock. They are not going to make or break any hunt.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by HuntingBry
I used Easton's Tracer nocks last year for the first time and they worked fine.

The pro's are:
Easier to follow your arrow in flight
Easier to find your arrow after the shot
Pretty cool for video (if you video hunts)

The con's are:
They are expensive (about $10 per nock)
There is a chance they won't work (but they still work as a nock)
They make achieving a higher FOC slightly more difficult

Overall they are a nice little accessory. If you don't have a problem shelling out the dough for them they are worth it. If the price seems steep you're probably better off sticking with a traditional nock. They are not going to make or break any hunt.

Easton Tracer Nock videeo: Click ME.

It work for me on 1 buck. The first one I had, broke and I feel it's because it was in a big diameter aluminum arrow which offered it no support in the circuitry area. They (EASTON) replaced it for me. I used it on the Halloween buck I shot then deactivated it. I pulled it out the other day and it's completely dead. I won't be spending money on them anymore. I'd like to try a different manuf.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only lighted nocks that I have actually tried are Lumenoks. I never had any problems with them failing to light. My problem was that I had several of them break after being shot multiple times, Fortunately these incidents didn't occur when I was hunting. The first time it happened I told myself that maybe I'd done something to damage it. The second time I considered a possible defect. The third time it happened I tossed all of them Now I just stick to white blazers, white wraps and white nocks. I can see them fly just fine.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

When someone finds a good one let me know
Old 07-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Spike

i ve used the lumenok... i can honestly say that i LOVE them. i bought them for my gold tip arrows, at first they were too tight so i took a wire brush *from a hunting cleaning kit* and brushed the inside a little at a time. if its properly installed, it should light up everytime you drop the nock on a hard surface..
Old 07-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default thanks!

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I just gotta decide if I want to shell out the money and then pick some to try out.

Appreciate your feedback,

I'll let you know what I find out................
Old 08-01-2009, 02:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I make mine with a trill lite , they work great and a lot cheaper than in the store
youtube has a video on how to make them . basically all you need is a nock ,lite super glue and the base of another nock glued on to the lite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.